Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a differnce in poly vs. rubber radius arm bushings? what size nut?

meaning i am getting ready to replace my radius arm bushings and wanted to know is there a difference in the 2 as far as how it handles and such? what size is that large nut on the radius arm?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Poly=Stiff ride, but firm handling. Rubber=Softer/quite ride, with a stock handing characteristic. Do you want durability and rigidity or a quite stock ride?

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was trying to go with a sportier ride so i guess poly would be better... is there a difference between daystar and the energy suspension?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Energy is my brand of choice or Lakewood. But really poly is so strong, it doesnt matter what brand you choose. You will have the sportier ride fo sho with poly. However, don't ever put poly in a place like STOCK panhard bars thinking it will improve the ride. It will make a stiff ride until the non binding of the poly causes the actual mounts to snap or bend due to excessive strain. Long story short, poly is not always the best choice when it comes to replacing STOCK suspension bushings. That was just an FYI lol. Take care.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
What vehicle?

If you run poly on factory arms and mounts that still use the plastic spacer ring, the poly will usually crack the plastic ring used with the rear bushing within a few weeks. Then you'll be buying a new set of rubbers to get the ring out.

What I do on stock suspensions when that happens is replace the rear bushing with a rubber one so you end up with a system that goes "Poly/bracket/plastic ring/rubber" front to back.

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my 1992 Econoline 150 conversion van

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also what size is that large nut, so i can acquire a socket or wrench in that size?

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
coo' beans! thanks man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts