Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving along last nite, keeping to my self and all of a sudden something falls of my truck. i was something metal but my truck still runs fine. my brakes are out of brake fluid but besides that my truck is fine. is this gunna be a bad thing for my truck.

·
Registered
319 Posts
WTF didnt u go and get it?????

u say your brakes are all outta fluid, but did u check and see that they're still there!!!!!!!! nothing falling off can be good,unless its some long lost tool you've been looking for and go back GET IT!

i would just follow all the brake lines, and prolly find your source, my guess is some kinda shield or something that took a line out on its way out, usually i would say the most common thing to loose is a muffler or tailpipe, which aint no big deal

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Something metallic fell of your truck...naaaaaah, Broncos are just like you and I, just like we shed skin in the form of dust, Bronkos shed their "skin" in the form of metal, don't worry about a thing. You have no brake fluid left...once again just like we sweat, well so does your Bronco.
To sum up metal objects falling off your truck and all the brake fluid leaking out of your master cylinder is no reason to take your truck off the road and fix the leak and see if everthing that should be there is there...carry on.............. :twak

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well its already gone so don’t worry about it. Just one more thing you don’t have to worry about fixing

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
will your bko hold fluid. I was on the hwy way once, middle of a snow storm and my tensor pullied up and broke the f off while i was going 50ish. lost power everything, managed to make it 3 more miles to the mechanic right next to my apt. When i fell of , it made alot of damn noise and scared the hell out of me, thought i threw a rod or something at first. no shoulders on the damn hwy here, so I left it for someone else to find in the snow in th emiddle of the hwy.

Fill the break fluid and see if it holds, roll under the truck and look to see if anything is missing. I also managed to lose a cell phone out of the hood once when i decided to test drive a break ob. so could have been anything, wrench, cell phone, grandma, whatever.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
this is perfectly normal. it is just fine to lose all brake fluid and have metal parts falling off of your truck.

:twak

·
Registered
157 Posts
lol this one is too damn funny.. if it was a heat shield he would have heard it resonating for awhile they dont just suddenly break all 4 welds and pop off.. as for the brake fluid missing thats not a good thing my man, as for the metal sound think back to the last thing u were working on and most likely u forgot to tighten sumthin down and it worked its way loose..

·
the bruise
1,400 Posts
well all's good really. just please make sure i am not in front of you when you lose more brake fluid. and for that matter, make sure i am not behind you when something else falls off!

but like a few other guys are saying, trace your brake system, and if you dont know what it consists of buy a haynes manual (gods gift to bronco owners!). i am guessing the 2 are unrelated B/C you would smell brake fluid or see spots or get a spray coming up from somewhere when your driving.my mom had a toyota truck and a leaf spring fell off one time. could be.... but i am betting on a bolt somewhere, or part or you tailpipe perhaps. good luck!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.