Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1994 Eddie Bauer with 137,000 miles on it for $4600. It is very clean inside and out except for a couple rust spots the size of nickles. It seems to run great and the guy has givin me all the recieps from the work done to it.

How many more miles do you guys think I might get out of it if I always maintain it and treat it nicely?

Thanks from Tony in Udaho:toothless

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
You might get 50 or 50K miles out of the motor. IF the dude changed oil regular and there's no leaks or knocks or it doesn't burn more than a quart/1000 miles, it should be a while. What size motor, the 302 or 351W? I normally get 160-170K out of the 351W's before the oil pump dies. JSM84

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94BattleWagon said:
I just bought a 1994 Eddie Bauer with 137,000 miles on it for $4600. It is very clean inside and out except for a couple rust spots the size of nickles. It seems to run great and the guy has givin me all the recieps from the work done to it.

How many more miles do you guys think I might get out of it if I always maintain it and treat it nicely?

Thanks from Tony in Udaho:toothless
I've got the 5.8L 351 engine.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I would inspect the motor top and bottom for any leaks, like the rear main seal or oil pan gasket. Change the oil and filter, and cut the old oil filter in half with a hacksaw to check for sludge, metal or water. Run the motor 2000 miles, and change the oil again, checking the filter. It's normal to burn a small amount of oil, up to one quart/1000 miles. Anything more than that, the oil is either leaking or burning in the cylinders. There should be NO smoke in the exhaust at start-up or while running. Check the PCV valve. It should rattle and not be covered in oil. If you have excess "blow-by" from worn piston rings, the oil will gather in the air filter box. You'll notice the usage onthe dipstick, too. Check the oil EVERY time you run the Bronco, even if it's every day. And listen with a piece of rubber hose to the engine while running for any knocks, ticks, or vibrations. Your main concern is going to be worn main bearings on the crank. As these wear, your oil pressure drops (check the gauge or get a mechanical gauge) and the metal filings gather in the oil filter or the pump. My 351W's that died from oil pump failure were due to metal filings or a clogged pick-up tube. Poor Ford design, but cheap to overhaul.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
...yah but you should ask "if its a good deal BEFORE you buy it"....just a thought....anyway you now on a "Bronco", so your on your way to being a happy 4 wheeler ......

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Depends....

I mean, Person A may look it over and think it's worth $4600, while Person B could look at it and think it's worth $2600.... overall condition, including accrued miles, drivetrain, engine, interior, exterior really speaks words about total vehicle value...

how about some pics of it?

I've seen 94 Bronco's sell for $1500, while others try to get $5k+ for them - again, overall condition and if running is a huge determing factor, plus of course geographic location. While at the same time, I've also seen 96 Broncos sell for $2k-$7k.... so, in reality you really could have picked up a Bronco 2 years newer for the price you paid... Even getting one with maintenance paperwork does not really consitute that the Bronco is still 100% free from any issues or worth what one pays.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Where are those nickle sized rust spots? If they're on the bottom of the tailgate or doors or rear wheel wells the rust underneith has already progressed a lot worse and you should address it real soon if you don't want it to become a major body work job. Without seeing it I would say it was over priced but it really depends on where you live and if it was worth it to you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I paid $4100 for a '94 EB 351 with 81K a month or so ago. Value is fairly subjective on a vehicle like these bronco's, imho. I paid less for a '95 XLT with twice the miles but it was a single owner well maintained vehicle.....when I work on them side by side I keep kicking myself for going ahead and getting the '94 as its not in near as good condition as the '95......but I wanted an eb

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you guys put pics up?

When I try to put the pics up of my bronco, after clicking on the add image it asks me for my URL for the images I have no idea what that means or how to find my URL for these pics can anybody help?:toothless

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
There is a post on how to do it. You have to host them first. Supermotors is where most of us host our pics. Then link them to your post here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just purchased a 1994 FSB EB 351W, limited slip, tow package, no rust and the only malfuntion is the passenger window torque pins (a Sunday fix!) all this and ONLY 87339 miles on the original motor!! It already had a new after market head unit (JVC) so I just upgraded the speakers.
I had to pay a price because the lady knew what she had for sale, I paid $7995.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
this might be the wrong place but ive looked all over and this seems to be the best bet.near my house a little autodealer has a 94eb for 2700. im thinking about buying it for some parts i need bad.. door fender, rear bumper. i went in and got the guy down to 2k so u guys think its a good idea, im planning on parting it out and selling what i dont need ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine has 141K on it and i got it for about 4200 bucks. the previous owner got oil changed whenever possible and bought new airfilters regularly, and it runs like a champ. so if you do the same, yes it will be worth the 4600

1 - 14 of 14 Posts