Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Bronco 5.0 EFI manual transmission
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to work through some issues and codes. Pretty sure the evr solenoid is fried. Anyways, was examining the Egr and, upon removing it, found that it leads to a pinched tube. During testing, I think I compromised the diaphragm. I’ve had the bronco for 10k miles and, until recently, it ran great. I want to know if this is a poor man’s Egr delete and if it provides any positive function. If this mod (pinched tube) had in fact deleted the function of the Egr, then perhaps I won’t spend money replacing it and the solenoid. When I was able to apply vacuum, it did impact idle.
Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1996 bronco, 351w, E4od
233 Posts
looks like someone was trying to conceal the fact that they disconnected the egr system by making it look connected to pass inspection. And i believe you could fool the 85 broncos into thinking the egr was connected.

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
986 Posts
I had egr codes on my new to me 86 302 EFI, and replaced the egr valve, & valve position sensor, and it did not fix the codes. I found the egr timed dealy solenoids were gone, and once i got them all working correctly, the truck has never run better. Miesk5 sent me an ebay link with the part I needes just a month ago or so for $28.88 here's my post on it. The tube is available as well at any auto parts store online, but I don't think they are too fun to put on.

·
Registered
1985 Bronco 5.0 EFI manual transmission
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. As it was this way before my current problems popped up, I apt to leave it be for the time being and throw my $$, time, and tears at the other issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.