Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been getting this EGR not opening code, so first i replaced the EVP sensor (why not?) but that didn't remove the code, so being without a vacuum pump at the time, i took it off and cleaned it real well. still no success. so today i borrowed a pump and hooked it up.

the valve would open and hold for a sec but then it slowly fall back down, is it not supposed to do that?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Applying vacuum should keep the valve open.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i guess this leaking could be my 332 culprit. that sucks then. how do i check the little vacuum lines going to it?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Eyes and hands are your best tools. You could plug one end, pull vacuum on it from the other, and see if it holds. But that's too elaborate. On your year, it's very simple to remove all of the nylon vacuum lines at one time. They just go around the back side of the plenum, which makes it hard to feel and see their condition. So I suggest taking the entire harness out and inspecting it in the daylight.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eyes and hands are your best tools. You could plug one end, pull vacuum on it from the other, and see if it holds. But that's too elaborate. On your year, it's very simple to remove all of the nylon vacuum lines at one time. They just go around the back side of the plenum, which makes it hard to feel and see their condition. So I suggest taking the entire harness out and inspecting it in the daylight.
thanks i'll do that here soon. finals are over and i have a nice 2 1/2 weeks before summer sessions :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts