Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Survey says? I fell at work today from about 3 feet and landed on the side of my foot, rolling my ankle and either sprained or broke the bastard. It was damn close to 5 and im thinkin the jokers at work just didnt want to spend thier evening taking my ass in for x rays so they trew a ace bandage my way and told me to take the rest of the day off :doh0715: :histerica

So im gonna go to work in the am and hav em drag my ass to a doctor

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
It looks spranged but I'm no doctor i know if it turns Green your going to have to cut it off:histerica :thumbup

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll just spray paint it white now so no one will notice if it's green or not later on

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Can you move it around without any extreme pain? I'd say it's probably just sprained, you'd know if it was broke.

I fell off a horse back in October and sprained the holy hell out of my ankle, it hurt like the dickens, swelled up 3 times normal size, turned 14 shades of purple [the whole foot] but wasn't broke. :shrug

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Why would you wait until tomorrow, go to emergancy now. Since it happened at work it falls under workmans comp...sheesh.

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Looks like its just sprained to me, but then again the way it pushed your little toe an inch passed your other toe then it could be broke. :shrugs

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
I'll log onto a fullsize bronco website and ask for medical advice.

I'm a maintenance guy. It' looks f*cked up. Go to the doctor.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would say that you have an acute rotationitis of the Hasenclever cartilage

To fix this pull your little toe on the opposite foot three times while swinging a dead toad clockwise by a piece of bailing twine from its left foot for seven and a half circles.

This will only work if there is a rainbow out or the full moon has a ring around it.

Works like a charm.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
If it was broken it would be at least 2x as big and have bruising. Mine bruised in every spot it was broke about 5 minutes after.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,081 Posts
It's probably just badly sprained, however there is a possibility that you fractured it. A hairline or mild fracture can sometimes be mistaken for a sprain. No sense in have to walk pigeon toed for the rest of your life have it checked out by a Doc.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
mike, it's obviously injured, at the very least, go to the doc and have x-rays taken.

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
stepchild88 said:
mike, it's obviously injured, at the very least, go to the doc and have x-rays taken.
:doh0715: :doh0715: :rofl:

Such an eye for the obvious, way to see things stepchild.:thumbup

If it is a sprain and no break, make sure you do the exercises continually so it will heal to be as normal as possible. I know this for a fact, I sprained my right ankle so bad that I actually detacted a ligament from the bottom of my big toe and that has effected my walking stride. I have had nothing but trouble for the past four years due to that. I'm much, much better now but it was a long hard healing process.

The emergency staff told me that I would have been better off it had been broken.:banghead

Good luck and make sure you take good care of yourself.

Oh, by the way, nice legs.;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FordFilly said:
:doh0715: :doh0715: :rofl:

............. I know this for a fact, I sprained my right ankle so bad that I actually detacted a ligament from the bottom of my big toe and that has effected my walking stride..................

Oh, by the way, nice legs.;)
so that's why you walk around like I just gave you a good pounding :goodfinge :histerica

Ya like them hairy mamma's I think im half gorrila

Went to the doc today. He said it was streched tendons and a good sprain. Looks like i'll be back to jumpin around in 4 weeks he said.

wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Looks sprained. If it were broken you would know. You wouldn't be able to walk at all without wanting to kill people. Just rest it, ice it, put some pressure on it and elevate it.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I've sprained my ankles so many times they don't even swell up anymore(nothing but scar tissue). I used to jog 4-5 miles a day(for about 15 years) till my back got so bad I couldn't anymore. But I can tell you from experience if you want it to heal as fast as possible take the anti-inflammatories they gave you and lay on the couch with the foot elevated(as much as possible) like they told you and keep ice on it(whether they told you or not) at least a few hours a day. I sprained my ankle really bad one time and did this and I was jogging again in less than a week, it really will heal quicker if you recover like they tell you.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
told me to get my ass back to work just dont lift anything or move fast. and no ladders so if it folds over I wont fall too far. I think they have some deal with work goin on lol.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
not nessisarily... Im an EMT and in school for medical...
Sprain is definatly possible. And likely. However swelling for a sprain should start to subside in 24hrs.
Have someone put there hands on your feet.. You should be able to push down and pull up(like shifting a dirtbike) with both feet with EQUAL power. If the right foot feels extremely weaker i suspect a fracture.

With no bovious deformity present im gonna say that it is most likely a hairline fracture(just a stress crack). Thats my guess

It may very well be just sprained. And lets hope so. But XRAYS are definatly a priority.

If you feel any tingling or numbness go to the hospital immediatly

anyway...nice job f-in up ur foot

Dc

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
muddinmike said:
so that's why you walk around like I just gave you a good pounding :goodfinge :histerica
No, I haven't walked funny from that kind of pounding before. You must be thinkin of one of your other gals!:goodfinge

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think your right, I had you confused with one of them highschool girls. Just cuz your so sseeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :chili:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts