Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 87, if I take the front wheel off, then whole hub assembly wants to fall off right behind it. Is there supposed to be some kind of retaining clips on the lug nuts to prevent this?

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
7,012 Posts
They are the crap flange hubs. Used , I believe from late 87 to early 88. Mine has em.. And they are crap..

Did I mention they are crap. ? lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I've definitely decided that yes, as you all said, they are crap. What a pain in the butt to have to take the wheel off to look in the hub. I've been ignoring them, because my plan is to upgrade this truck to all 8 lug axles, but appearantly I'm not moving fast enough. Both sides squeek, and there is some play in the wheel, so I suspect my bearings are going out. I didn't want to have to replace them, but I may not have any choice. I have to take the truck to a rally this weekend, about 70 miles away, and don't have time to take care of them before I leave, so I'm going to take what tools I need and do it there. Any recommendations on what I'll need? I'm not sure if I have the right tool for the nut or not. I was going to take a jack, grease, bearings, cups, seals, punch, hammer, channel locks, torque wrench, spindle nut tool (might have to buy one locally, if mine isn't right), rags, block of wood. What else? I've never had one of these hubs apart before, but I assume they aren't much different than a Dana 44, which I AM experienced with. I don't need any fancy snap ring pliers, or something dumb like that will I?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.