Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:whiteflag

is this plausable or will i do more damage to my engine?
i have a 91 xlt fsb with a 5.0 e4od with 130k on the dash, i have blow by syndrone (more then i care for) with breather tube hooked into the air box i am replacing both air filters every 2 mnts or so. now what i am thinking about doing is installing another pcv valve on the left valve cover where the breather tube is and run a vacum line to the back of the intake and tie it in with the other pcv valve, (that make any sence?) so my question is this. will it work or will it cause to much oil to get into the induction system or will it cause to much pressure in the engine and start blowing out seals and gaskets? i am on the hunt for a good short block and in process of saving up the coins for it......

any help will undoubtly will help :drinkbud

·
Banned
18,618 Posts
A) The PCV doesn't pressurize the crankcase - it applies slight vacuum.

B) The system works by pulling FRESH air into one valve cover, down thru the bottom end, & out the OTHER - if you put one on each side, you'll stop the flow, & cause more engine damage due to the vapors not coming out of the oil.

C) If you have that much blowby, rebuild/replace the engine. The PCV wasn't designed or intended to fix bad rings. Otherwise, drive it till it locks up. Have you done a compression test yet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts