Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yes. You and many other have posted some excellent references, and very helpful info. And thank you for that.

I came here because I don't know sh&% about my truck's engine.

I spent an entire weekend reading a Chilton's book for my truck, and was smothered with questions.

It seemed that this forum was full of Bronco professionals - and it appears I was very right.

But I must say, yourself, and a few others have been very rude and unkind in responses, and I did not appreciate that.

I'm not afraid to look like an "idiot" as you called me (and a good example as to why I'm a liitle p/oed). I guess you will just need to deal with a few "idiots" in your life.

I've received some very kind and thoughtful responses w/out unnecessary "I'm an idiot" (like you said) type remarks.

I'd like to thank the person who created this forum, but I would suggest the "idiot" calling (as you call me) and other suggestive remarks be removed and flagged as it's really unproductive.

It would be a great idea for you to stop posting. I and many others have tried to help you and posted lots of good resources for you. The more you post, the more ignorant you look.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yes. I'm sure you are correct, and I took a look at that tutorial, but that engine appears slightly different than mine, so I'm sticking to exacts and precision.

Please tell me the page# you are referring to that shows my exact engine and setup/configuration.

I'm 99% sure that someone already did a write up on how to change the oil and it applies to all motors. Try searching for oil change

Are you seriously this...daft, or are you just f*cking with us?
I just checked my Haynes manual and like I thought, it has the same pics you posted with a description. You either need to go to another forum and stop messing around, or throw your Chilton in the garbage and buy a better manual.

I get a kick out of engineers. They always lack an understanding of reality and instead live in the world of theory.

· big, long, hard
5,974 Posts
You accused me of calling you an "idiot" three times. I never called you an idiot, but I'm getting close. So please stop lying or learn how to read.

I have tried to be helpful (did you have trouble reading these posts as well?)
I think I just had an idea. Go here: http://www.howstuffworks.com/
It has a lot of easy to understand information and is written in an engineer kind of way. This will help you understand what a transmission or differential or crankshaft does which will make it a lot easier to understand where it is, what it attaches to, etc. For example, I typed "dfifferential" into the search box, and here ya go!http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm
Here's a great online resource. I went ahead and searched for your engine to make it easier for you:
http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId,1624203/initialAction,repairGuide/shopping/vehicleSelected.htm
As for telling the mods and admins which posts to flag or remove, you should probably learn how to open your hood before offering such sage advice.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Oh, I'm lying? What did you just write me:

It would be a great idea for you to stop posting. I and many others have tried to help you and posted lots of good resources for you. The more you post, the more ignorant you look.

You accused me of calling you an "idiot" three times. I never called you an idiot, but I'm getting close. So please stop lying or learn how to read.

I have tried to be helpful (did you have trouble reading these posts as well?)

As for telling the mods and admins which posts to flag or remove, you should probably learn how to open your hood before offering such sage advice.

· Enjoy my
6,059 Posts
I'm 99% sure that someone already did a write up on how to change the oil and it applies to all motors. Try searching for oil change

Are you seriously this...daft, or are you just f*cking with us?
I just checked my Haynes manual and like I thought, it has the same pics you posted with a description. You either need to go to another forum and stop messing around, or throw your Chilton in the garbage and buy a better manual.

I get a kick out of engineers. They always lack an understanding of reality and instead live in the world of theory.

Hey, don't let suzie here
be a blanket statement for all engineers. But I would agree but he is par for the course. Try going to school with a bunch of wanna be rocket scientists :banghead

· big, long, hard
5,974 Posts
Oh, I'm lying? What did you just write me:

Yes, you are lying. I said that you are making yourself look ignorant. You accused me of calling you an "idiot". You even used quotation marks. If you don't know the difference (Mr. Precision:rofl:) then I am not surprised that you can't figure out how to open your hood.

Please sell your Bronco. I'm sure the mechanic who has charged you $10,000 would be glad to take it off your hands for it's blue book value:histerica

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yes, you are lying. I said that you are making yourself look ignorant. You accused me of calling you an "idiot". You even used quotation marks. If you don't know the difference (Mr. Precision:rofl:) then I am not surprised that you can't figure out how to open your hood.

Please sell your Bronco. I'm sure the mechanic who has charged you $10,000 would be glad to take it off your hands for it's blue book value:histerica
I got what you were telling me. You might as well just be up front about it. No need to beat around the bend.

What's your truck? Details? Just wondering if my $10,000 in work and upgrades will bury your ride :goodfinge

· Lick my balls
12,958 Posts
Hey, don't let suzie here
be a blanket statement for all engineers. But I would agree but he is par for the course. Try going to school with a bunch of wanna be rocket scientists :banghead
Sorry, there is always an acception that makes the rule.:beer:toothless

· big, long, hard
5,974 Posts
What's your truck? Details? Just wondering if my $10,000 in work and upgrades will bury your ride :goodfinge
a) no, it wouldn't come close. B) if you are talking about wheeling it, the ability of the driver is more important than the truck, so I think we know how that would work out:rofl: C) You don't have 10,000 worth of upgrades, you have $2,000 worth of general maintenance that you paid $10,000 for :doh0715:

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
p54519,

You're probably right.

I see you are sporting an Eddie Bauer edition? Why is "Eddie Bauer" on a baby crib my wife just bought which actually broke? I'm not kidding.

Is this a quality name?

See it here:
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product....um=cpc&utm_campaign=EB05088BYT&sku=EB05088BYT

a) no, it wouldn't come close. B) if you are talking about wheeling it, the ability of the driver is more important than the truck, so I think we know how that would work out:rofl:

· big, long, hard
5,974 Posts
p54519,

You're probably right.

I see you are sporting an Eddie Bauer edition? Why is "Eddie Bauer" on a baby crib my wife just bought which actually broke? I'm not kidding.

Is this a quality name?

See it here:
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product....um=cpc&utm_campaign=EB05088BYT&sku=EB05088BYT

I don't know why anyone would buy an Eddie Bauer crib, but apparently your kid is a fat ass:goodfinge
I'm pretty sure that my Bronco was built by Ford, but maybe you could read through that manual of yours just to be sure.

· Registered
147 Posts
i'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say that you didnt put it together right. I mean seriously you are either full of crap and just messing around and trolling or you really just need to pay somebody else to do the work on your truck and while they do it you ask questions and pay attention to what they do.

· Registered
147 Posts
They didnt try to sell you a muffler bearing did they. Cause if they did you should also have them top off your headlight fluid.

No but seriously while there are some small differences in the engines and axles, it is the same basic steps to change the fluid.
1. find a drain plug (if there isnt one then the fluid change on this part might be out of your range in which case you ask for help)
2. pull the plug and drian the fluid taking note of what color and quantity came out.
3. replace plug in hole it came out of.
4. locate and replace oil filter (if changing engine or tranny fluid)
4. replace fluid. general rule of thumb is to put in the same quantity you took out. Or use common sense and check the dipstick (if changing the engine or tranny fluid). Diffs usally have a fill plug which you fill till the gear oil comes out of the plug.

I dont care if your changing the oil on 3 banger geo metro or a 502 Magnum big block The process is the same.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
You got me good on that one, but it was a defect in one of the rods.

Why do I feel like I am in 2nd grade in this forum?

p54519, you're wish might come true, and I might just stop posting altogether.

· big, long, hard
5,974 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I'm with you on this. But it's all the terminology, oil types, measurements, correct tools, not mixing this with that, etc, etc - Jiffy Lube scare tactics that got me a bit technical about this procedure, and I want to make sure it's done right.

I prefer to do it right.

I have checked google on many references, but I tell you many mechanics (like every profession) seem to have their own opinion on the best way to do things.

They didnt try to sell you a muffler bearing did they. Cause if they did you should also have them top off your headlight fluid.

No but seriously while there are some small differences in the engines and axles, it is the same basic steps to change the fluid.
1. find a drain plug (if there isnt one then the fluid change on this part might be out of your range in which case you ask for help)
2. pull the plug and drian the fluid taking note of what color and quantity came out.
3. replace plug in hole it came out of.
4. locate and replace oil filter (if changing engine or tranny fluid)
4. replace fluid. general rule of thumb is to put in the same quantity you took out. Or use common sense and check the dipstick (if changing the engine or tranny fluid). Diffs usally have a fill plug which you fill till the gear oil comes out of the plug.

I dont care if your changing the oil on 3 banger geo metro or a 502 Magnum big block The process is the same.

· big, long, hard
5,974 Posts
I put in a flush "allen" type plug in mine.
I may just do that. Like six said, you run the risk of rounding it, but anti-sieze should fix that. I never feel like I've really gotten everything out when I use the pump, and there was a little water in it last time.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
p54519,

Well, good luck with your truck and driving skills.

I've got some work to do on my truck.

Because you are asking questions that a second grader would ask?:shrug

:chili:

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.