Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT Trailer Special. 429/C6, Edelbrock 1405 600cc.
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide whether to keep this overhead Console or remove it. Sort of hoping that it’s not original equipment or a dealer option as the thing is ugly as sin and will need some work to restore. It currently has an eight track player in it
Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
14,894 Posts
damn an 8-track..that is cool as hell...I've seen those before but mostly in older Ford vans.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,346 Posts
Yup aftermarket. I've come across exactly one in the JY and it was in horrendous shape. Crumbled as I touched it.

There are shelves you can still buy that fit in the same spot. It's called a 'shelf-it' and is much less visually appalling. They are pretty handy.

Reactions: Shepherd

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,457 Posts
damn an 8-track..that is cool as hell...I've seen those before but mostly in older Ford vans.
I have an old radio/8 track/cb in the shop on a shelf. Just can’t find the original knobs... it’s brand new! I seen a couple of those overheads as well... ugly as sin.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
172 Posts
I have an old radio/8 track/cb in the shop on a shelf. Just can’t find the original knobs... it’s brand new! I seen a couple of those overheads as well... ugly as sin.
Maybe try having someone 3d print them and paint them silver. 3d printing is pretty perfect for that sort of thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts