Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its an ignition coil? pack from OmniSpark...(not to be confused with the optispark, it doesnt make my bronco transform) it had electrical tape wrapped around it which of course I took off and as a result off the back a brittle/burnt spark plug type piece tried to come out... Im sure its not going to work meow, was wondering if it was worth keeping on there or should I just replace it with a stock coil pack.... dead center of pic

and Im guessing that red wire goes here on the red lug?

·
Registered
710 Posts
well first you need to sell that chebby and buy a powerstroke:toothless

Try it and see if it fires off, if it does then take it off, wrap it up in a rag and put it in your tool bag. Then you'll have a spare that might just make the difference of getting somewhere in style, or hoofing it.

What I'm saying is replace it, you don't want to be stuck because of a bad coil. but if it works, then yes keep it, there are plenty of stash spots in a bronco and you may be very very happy one day that you did keep that thing around.

I try to keep parts like that when it's feasible, especially parts that will make the difference of running or not running. I also keep an old serpentine belt in my tool bag, cause ya never know...

but opinions are like assholes... everybody has one

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
If it it works then just throw it with the rest of spare parts in case needed.:shrug

·
Registered
279 Posts
It looks to be a Jacobs Ignition box,
much like a Mallory or MSD type.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I figured it was a lesser MSD ignition, never heard of the brand name though... as for the cheby, it was a helluva deal till the injection pump started leakin like a sieve... it aint to impress anyone, its to pull a race car or a street illegal bronco... a 7.3l powerstroke is better fer sure, but the prices werent right on them when i bought it... whenever a 4bt falls into my lap itll be converted...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts