Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a mass air conversion on my 94 and I have the engine harness now i just need the computer. Looking for a 5.8 mass air computer.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,210 Posts
good luck..they're not all that common, at least in my experience. you know you can run a MAF 5.0 EEC and it will work. Are you going to get a tuner at some point?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking into them but I've got 2 projects on the bronco going and possibly a 3rd one about to start so a tuner is on the back burner. Unless a good deal jumps up then I'll snatch it up. I am going tomorrow to see if a computer is still in a truck at the local pull a part. I may also have a mass air harness for sale too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you looking for? The harness or computer?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Just out of curiosity why are they so hard to find?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,210 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've seen a couple recently, which catch code are you looking for? Since I'm in CA, I probably see more of them since the OBD1 mass air deal was a CA vehicle deal.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Off the top of my head is the code but I am looking for a 5.8 mass air obd1. I can make a 5.0 computer work. I have 2 spare 5.0 mass air harnesses with sensors that I'm willing to trade for a computer so I can finish my swap.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
I've seen a couple recently, which catch code are you looking for? Since I'm in CA, I probably see more of them since the OBD1 mass air deal was a CA vehicle deal.
Matt, I would be interested in a spare if one pops up. I haven't done my conversion yet, but wouldn't want the vehicle down for an extended period of time because of a failed computer after I do.

Needs to be a 5.8/E4OD mass air.

Let me know.
thanks
tim

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any luck on the computer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts