Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can call me stupid, you can spill beer in my carpet, hell I don't even care if you hit on my ol' lady. Mess with my cars, and you must die! I got home from work today and noticed a bright orange tag on my front door. The tag was from a code inforcement officer (yeah, I'd never heard of one either), it stated that I had "abandoned" cars on my property. They are absolutly not abandoned, if anything they're recently un-abandoned and I should be rewarded for my efforts for bringing them back into the world! I called the officer's cell phone and talked for about 45 minutes about 4x4's and hot rods. He told me that cars are my hobby and the law cannot prevent you from enjoying your hobby. He said if the abatement court says I have to move them, then my neighbors can't have swimming pools because swimming's a hobby. He on my side, and even told me who the neighbor was....MUHAHAHAHAHHA. I hope this old fawker that reported me dies in his sleep before the court date. The officer told me to get some cars out of there until the court date, so I listed my Commando and Willys on ebay. If my neighbor thinks I'll sell my Bronco, Yota, CJ, van, or trailer were going to court dammit!!!!!!!!! Anyone go through this shit before? :madder :madder :madder :madder :madder :madder :madder :madder :madder

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Yea, i was stripping out an old CJ, and i mean stripped. By the time i got done selling everything it was a frame, tub, rear axle and a transmission. I had let it set for a while, was planning on scrapping it, but my neighbor didn't see it that way, he called the cops, and a "city inspector" called and told me it needed to be removed.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Oklahoma State laws state that to be stored a vehicle can't have more than two violations... Ie...Flat tires, no tag, major missing components like body parts, engines ect.... being in a state disrepair like severly rusted or wrecked are also possible violations..

Move the cars somewhere else and it all goes away until they get complained on again in most areas.. might ask the inspector if the local code mirrors state law or if they are out on their own... Some places have laws that do not mirror the state code, like not being able to park a truck within view of the street in one town I know of. If you want copies of the state stuff I can get it for you if you need it... I think I've still got it at the office-----Fog

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Yep

as long as there is current plates on them they can't even ask about whether they're insured up here.

Just to PO one busy body, this year I stacked the 4 picnic tables, lawn furniture and the Bronco's Summer wheels/tires in such a way that they look like a convertible sports car under the blue tarp.

I'm dying for her to call the bylaw boys. One of her friends (spies) asked "what's the new project?" I said " an unplated 52' Jag and it's a rough one". So far she hasn't bit, but I can't wait to show the bylaw guy my picnic tables, etc under the snowed in tarp !:toothless

Sixlitre

·
Registered
298 Posts
My neighbor did the same thing about a week ago.

You ever walk up to a group and just know they're talking about you? I did. Pulled up to my house and theirs a neighbor meeting going on...They all got real quiet when I drove up, looked at me, then looked at my bronco. I get out, the group breaks up, I get bad looks from all my neighbors...Get mad.... turned on my bronco's engine and let my flowmasters howl.
It was a good thing in a bunch of ways though. I've spent $1200 my girlfriend would never have let me spend on my truck to get it street legal. My 351 is almost done now, I got all new smog crap, a full tank of 91 octane, and permission to go wheeling saturday and again next month. My neighbors hate me even more, and I'm happy. I wouldn't sell a damn thing. Register them non-op, get stickers, and move them every other day. Even if you have to push them.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
:scratchhe

Wait a second....So where some of you people are from, your neighbors can call and get an "inspector" to come out and make you get rid of YOUR personal posessions that are too big to keep in your house? Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard..I would move so quick..:banghead That drives me nuts just thinking about that...I guess I do live in the boonies..You don't see houses without a broken down or "project" vehicle out in the yard here. Crazy:wacko

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I don't know if it's still a local ordinance or not, but Leawood, KS used to prohibit parking your pickup in your driveway overnight......a sightsore so the elites thought, or maybe just uncouth to own one! :shrug Had to be garaged.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
The last place I had

had a 150 foot long, 12 foot high, 5 foot thick hedge on the North side and a 75 foot long, 10 foot high, 2 foot thick hedge on the south side.

It was the cat's @$$ for stashing beaters and we had tons of them. At one point we had three Broncos (Super Dave's), a Leb-28, Several rice products, 4 Mopars and a shortbox Dodge 4X4, numerous snowmobiles and motorcycles, at least 20+ engines, two boats on trailers and a Mazda Miata stashed in the pool shed.

This was in addition to the five vehicles in the driveway.

All of them far enough out of site to satisfy the by-law guy. IIRC his words were "nice work boys, I'll tell her to piss up a rope for you".

Couple that with the comings and goings of all our buddies withtheir muscle cars and that one neighbour was beside herself in outrage ! Wonder what she'd do if she ever encountered a real problem ?

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
marv said:
I don't know if it's still a local ordinance or not, but Leawood, KS used to prohibit parking your pickup in your driveway overnight......a sightsore so the elites thought, or maybe just uncouth to own one! :shrug Had to be garaged.
Those are probably the same twits that are now driving SUVs right ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
6 Posts
cool

I want to be your neighbor MY BUT NEXT DOOR thinks that 3 inch exhaust is system is not quite legal. He can bite me Oh He is about 280 and about 6.5 who cares.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
LEWSBRONCO said:
I want to be your neighbor MY BUT NEXT DOOR thinks that 3 inch exhaust is system is not quite legal. He can bite me Oh He is about 280 and about 6.5 who cares.
It's all about decibels at idle tell him

The bylaw guy can't cite you at wide open throttle (he he )

BTW
us big brutes back off when you sick your rabid lawyers on us, just like anyone else.

Sixlitre

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
before, my bronc got nailed, i was putting a new exhaust on, only the headers remained i just wanted to hear it at open headers, i only reved it a couple times, but before i could shut the truck off, i saw a cop walking towards me with ticket book in hand, nailed me with noise ord. vialation, and having a junk vehicle in plain site(bronc), i beat the junker citation(washed the truck), but i had to pay the 100 dollar noise violation, so the lesson weve learned is some neighbors rule while others suck

·
Registered
253 Posts
b4 i moved out of this little subdivison that me and my parents lived in i was told once that i could not park my truck on the road. Even tho it was a public road wich the "landlord"( the guy who owned the subdivision's land) did not own. and the best part about it was that, down the road infront of his house was a RV PARKED ON THE STREET! i even went dont to the local fuzz to ask if it was a problem. they stated that if it wasent causing a problem with the traffic( remember i lived in a dead-end subdivison) it was'nt a problem

the 2nd thing that pissed me off was when i was told i coudnet work on my own truck in MY OWN DRIVEWAY. the little slab of concrete that my parents were paying for. :twak it wasent like i was doing a SAS or anything. i had my hood up to change my oil. he told me again when my external fuel pump whent out....

im so Damn glad im out of there......

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
This is why the race car stays tagged and insured even though it's far from street legal. :toothless

We had some trouble about 3 years ago, come to find out, it wasn't somebody that was upset about our place and turning us in. Someone had turned HIM in, so he went around finding yards that were more cluttered than his to use as examples as to why he should be ok and wound up giving the county folks reason to come pay a visit.

One of our neighbors is cool though, he's a car guy and told my dad one day that he doesn't mind when we crank the race car, he actually likes the way it sounds. [Open headers and all.]

I swear, one day I'm gonna start my own village. Melville. You have to pass a race car driver driving test to be able to drive and you're allowed to park whatever the hell you want wherever you want.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Some of you should try living with a home owners association. You have to get permission and 'architectural' :shocked approval to put garage (carriage lights) lights up. Some of them don't allow you to even park outside overnight, :doh0715: everything needs to be in the garage etc... etc....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's the same thing in small suburban towns, carboncrew! Here we all have those identical trash cans that you roll down to the street. If you leave yours out one day too long, it's something like a $100 fine!
In another town about 5 minutes away, stores can't have VENDING MACHINES outside!
In that same town, it's a violation to WASH YOUR DOG in front of your house!

People are really ****ed up sometimes.

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
you guys ever see that xfiles where mulder and skully were investigating dissapearances in this highly covenent controlled neighborhood? it turns out the bad vibes and household waste was manifesting itself into a homicidal monster nightly and killing violaters. loved that one.
anyhoo, those city ordinances turn up because there are always people taking it too far. no one wants to spend $200k on a house, most peoples biggest, most important investment, just to have some yahoo start a junkyard in his own front yard/driveway and bring down property values. suburban neighborhoods are not appropriate for that sort of deal.
i am not defending the strange covenents about parking in your own driveway or working on your rig, but those covenents are spelled out in the titlework and should not be a surprise to the purchaser.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
i guess i was lucky when i lived in a neighborhood. my parents neighbors liked the bronco...besides the one that built the 9ft wall next door. but no one liked that neighbor anyways.

now im out in the county where its all good....bronco should be on blocks to properly fit in

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I know that the rules suck.. I've been parking our chevy across the street and it sits for a week at a time and the neighbors called and an office left a notice it needs to be moved or it will be cited.. (california law you can only be parked in the street for 72 hours) So I put it in the driveway.. But once the motor is fixed I'm going to make sure I park it in front of their house every night..

But I unfortunetly have let the front of the house go and have cars parked there that don't run.. I am one of "those" people.. But I am making it better this weekend.. I promise..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts