Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me with this..... I have tried everything i can think of, the exaust stinks so bad, i have cut out the cats, replaced every sensor i know of, jumped the o2 sensor, replaced the puter module...........Im so lost. I just had the EFI off the motor and cleaned all the carbon out, replaced all the sensors, took the fuel rail off and cleaned and tested the fuel injectors.......

IT STILL STINKS..................HELPPPPPP

·
Super Moderator
14,772 Posts
STOP replacing parts...:twak ..That's not your problem. First off, you have a 13 year old rig, what condition is the motor in? For some reason Ford motors smell this wey. The cats don't make a difference. I have had it both ways, on and off, presently I have them off, it still smells the same. The best thing you can do, like Fireguy said is get the exhaust pipe rerouted out the back so that it exits at the corner of the bumper..here is a pick of what mine looks like

It needs to be move back about about another 12 inches so it reaches the end of the bumper, but you get the idea. I still get a little exhaust smell with the rear window down, but its not horrible. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Jermil, that does tell me alot, for one i dont feel like im the only one that stinks.....:toothless

I have duals on it , but they just have turn downs after the mufflers, so that could be the problem of why i smell it so much.

Thanks Again

to answer the other question...it smells like its running really rich.

·
Registered
95 Posts
SoftTopBronco said:
Thanks Jermil, that does tell me alot, for one i dont feel like im the only one that stinks.....:toothless

I have duals on it , but they just have turn downs after the mufflers, so that could be the problem of why i smell it so much.

Thanks Again

to answer the other question...it smells like its running really rich.
May need a valve job...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks for all the help, I took Red Clay's, Jermil's, and Fireguy's advise and routed my exaus out the sides just in front of the bumper, seems to have doon the trick, if it stinks now at least i dont smell it......:D

Thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts