Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lots of progress today..

front bumper is about done, still need to weld on some pull points and mount new lights

gas and water cans are painted, still need to mount them and replace the lights on the back.

the new cargo box is almost done, need to make a smaller storage area for random parts and install straps. Bed line the whole thing to match the rest of the inside and install subs and amp

after that is a full "family" roll cage, replace some body panels, and dimond plate the interior panels. you guys think im ready for some long trail trips??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what can i say? i was a boy scout... scout motto is be prepared right? actually i do quiet a bit of rock climbing, back packing, and rual camping (not a tree hugger i swear) and have always learned to have as much as you need when your in the middle of no where.

smileybry, your answer about a grill? I was thinking of mounting a propane tank underneath and running lines for a propane stove, lanter and maybe a heater.... but thats all a maybe

yes the bumper is werid, part of it that some of it is in the shadows, and the hoop i ran a little smaller because its solid so i didnt need a beefy one, i might change it out just to is the same size as the rest of the round tubing.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
ever been to philmont?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Nice set up, man. I try to be the same way when I go into the bush and do my best to prepare for what ever may happen.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
It seems you pissed off your grill and it walked off.

Nah, just shitting you. Nice work, looks awesome. *I* like the front bumper. The cargo area is awesome too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks, i might do a little more to the bumper to make it a wee bit stronger. it use to be just a push style bumper, which gave very little protection, and actually my front is shifted almost 2" to one side because it hit the ground. so i was to avoid having to buy new fenders and doors.

I only wish i did the "STFU" backwards so people could see it in they're rear veiw mirror

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
You should consider other mounting options for the hi lift and the driveshafts. That hi lift is going to take out a window if it comes loose, and if that driveshaft bracket is what I think it is, it'll bend the first time you drop the rear end off a rock or root. I always mount heavy stuff like that low and secure with chains or heavy brackets so it won't come loose. You'll also want to secure stuff inside that box so it doesn't shift on the trail. It really sucks when your tool box abrades a hole in your oil bottle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts