Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so I spoke with the social worker today - about them not listing me. Seems she's holding my past against me and wants to see me succeed at something. Then she pulled the whole "I told you this in the beginning." I said "NO you didn't." All they have ever told me has ended with "...and then we'll list you." But they never do.

So yeah, I was royally upset after getting off the phone with her and my brother was here. He calls her and very calmly was like "I'm Melissa Gibson's brother and I'd like to talk to you about her." She told him she couldn't speak with him and he goes "you're gonna listen to what I have to say" and she hung up on him! He called back three times and she wouldn't answer the phone, so he called the main office to speak to someone over her. But then we had to run errands and we weren't here when they were supposed to call back.

Oh and while I was talking to her, I raised my voice, but I didn't cuss once and she was all smart ass like "if you can't talk to me civilly (sp) and lower your voice." OMG! ARGH. I was so pissed.

She goes "given your past and your lack of motivation." I said I want this TOO much to let me or it fail. I will NOT fail." She goes "well, thats great, I'll talk about it at committee, but I don't think I'll be disuaded from my decision."

My past and my lack of motivation? Well, gee, at 16 years old the doctor told me I would die. And every time I heard transplant they were like "get it or die." When you think you're on the way out, you're not exactly the most motivated person.

Its ok. My dad is pissed, and we're ALL going down there Monday. See if she gets smart ass with my dad. :toothless

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
go find about 9 or 10 guys that are about 6'6" and take them with you, then see if the budge!!! :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

some people are so fawking unreasonable, "well, you are goin to die cause we havent seen you complete this, although we keep tellin you you are goin to die, but oh well, you have to complete this first" sounds like some medical fawkers these days, im behind ya mel, as im sure the rest of the board is

wes

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Sorry babe, give em' hell! I'll be at the Fall Stamepe this weekend, but I want an update when I get back!

MM

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we can't do anything until Monday.

Oh and my dad is calling his lawyer, too. :D

It just doesn't make sense to me. Its exactly like Wes said, they've been pushing me for 8 years and now all of the sudden they don't think I want this? She thinks she can make me wait?

She asked me who raised the money, I said me and my mom did and I don't remember what she said exactly, but she implied that she didn't believe I've done anything. She thinks my mom has done it all.

She's a freaking social worker? I thought she was supposed to know people? Can't somebody change? I've grown the **** up, I've done everything on my own. The old Mel would have taken mom along to hold my hand, but when I went to Vocational Rehab, I went by MYSELF. When I went for school, I went by MYSELF. I've taken over my life, I'm doing this and she doesn't believe me. Its ok, she's done pissed off the wrong family.

OH and I start school next Wednesday by the way. I might have left that out before, I can't remember. Math 096, Monday and Wednesday. W00T! :toothless

·
Registered
748 Posts
If you need anybody to drive their truck through the front entrance of an office building or any other dwelling...me and my trucks are available. :thumbup

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've read all(most) of your story and it sounds a lil like the movie "Johny Q". but on the other note i say give them hell, that bitch deserves it.
Tim

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
yeah beat that bitch up and then take some pics and show us what yah did to her!:thumbup :goodfinge :toothless

but seriously i hope you get this solved and get well soon! :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Its real easy to for that people to act that way when they can be passive-aggressive with the phone. You cant hang up on people or avoid their calls when they are standing in their office.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts