Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I had a '91 Bronco XLT that was an $800 Craigslist special, and I came to you guys seeking advice and input. 3 years ago I had to sell the Bronco, and still hold a soft spot in my heart for one... Well, now turning to the possibility of once again getting a Bronco to run as my winter car instead of driving my G8 GXP through the snow. :) Would love to get back into this community and once again find a Bronco worth keeping. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
welcome back to FSB, hope you find the one you want, what year you looking for????????

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what year to go with -

Thinking in general terms a 92+ XLT would be nice, although I admit to not being too well-versed as to the differences between the years up to 96 - going to do some searches here on the forums about the MAF/OBDII changes. Part of me thinks I'd want a Powerstroke swap for grins, but seeing as I would intend to drive this thing in inclement weather I'm not too keen on cold-starting diesels when I really think about that. :p A 460 swap would be fun but I don't know how much that would really get me - is it worth it?

Beyond that a 351w seems like it would be solid and have tons of aftermarket available, right? A SAS for wheeling seems like it would be fun too. Also want to stick with an automatic so the wife can drive it on occasion (she won't touch the stick in the GXP which is inconvenient sometimes.) How would you guys go? I'd like to peruse the For Sale forum but 75 posts is a long way off. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Resurrecting this thread...

Back to a funny place in my life where I'm actually getting rid of my G8, and last night my wife said to me "why don't you get a Bronco again?"

It set me to thinking - I actually wouldn't mind a Bronco... I don't commute and this is largely just a runabout/weekend fun car for me.

I'd love to check out the FS forums on here to see what's available but 75 posts is definitely daunting when I'm looking in the short term. Guess I will get active on here to see what gems lie beneath. :)

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,435 Posts
Welcome back man. Hope you find the right one this time. Craigslist and Ebay are the best places to go searching for Broncos. If you are not worring about fuel Mileage then I would say get you at 351W with a C6 and have fun man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts