Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is not going to be some crazy 351 thread like crazed but over the next well I don't know how long is is going to take my whole bronco will be torn apart and redone (well most of it)
Here are some pics from what I got done today.

here is the rear notice how it is bad it is including all the rust.

here is where I drilled out the spot welds on the panel they are a pain in the ass when you don't have the right tools.

here is the inside.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is some of the new stuff going on.

the patch panel for the passenger side.

the front apron and new front bumper.

the new quarter panel:thumbup

new front fenders

new doors.

not picutured are all the new weatherstriping, and new headlights.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well this is the plan:D

1. I am going to replace all the bad parts on the bronco.
2. I am going to coat the back with rubber paint to seal it and help stop any future rust from happening.
3. redue all the stereo stuff. New console,hidden subs. and a hopefully a 15 inch screen if I can get my hands on one cheap.
4. I have a new 4 inch lift up in the attic along with some smitty built bars and damager's fav bushwacker fender flares.
5. I was also given a ford 9 inch for free from my cousin so I am going re build that and swap it in and get rid of the 8.8.
6. I am also going to regear to 4.56
7. I am going to paint the bronco pearl white with a blue haze and maybe a flame job. (depends on money)

I think that is all for now.

either though it is going to be a never ending project.:banghead

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
swamp thang said:
are you gonna fix that exhaust tip too? :histerica

so what are you planning on doing to it?
what is wrong with my exhaust tip. Huh?:goodfinge

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't worry gear I have not forgotten about ya bud.

here this should hold ya over a little longer.:thumbup

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I finaly got the damn quarter panel off tonight that damn thing is a sonva bitch to get off. I also got the tailgate and rear bummper off as well, and then I ran into a major set back.

this is my little bro's friend helping me getting the spot welds

more drilling

this is me getting my grind on:thumbup

still grinding

the panel is fricken off:banghead

and the major set back.:banghead

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That's not so bad... wire wheel and POR-15 it. Rip that POS inner fender out and replace it with a urethane liner when you put it all back together.

It's not visible, so it only has to be so pretty.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the damn panel sucks ass:banghead you have to drill out ike 50 spot welds then you have to bend the tabs but be carefull not to bend up the inner fender stuff. You also have to take the tailgate and rear bumper off to get to all the spot welds. Then you have to grind all that fill in stuff off. Then you have to make sure you get all the screws off from where the crome trim is because that is the last thing holding on the fender. After all that you need to do this.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well here is all I got done today

all the front stuff off

driver side front fender off

passenger side off

ohh gearrat:thumbup

door is off

all in all I got more done today than I thought I would. So the rest of the day I got my first welding lesson from my pops:thumbup

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,829 Posts
Great work man..:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup . What are you planning on doing for the interior? Or did I miss that part?? While you have all that panels off, I would rhino or steel line the whole freaking tub...than undercoat the hell out of your new panels with it as well..I bet it would make a huge difference in keeping the rust at bay.:beer

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that's pretty much the plan. But now my pops is talking about bringing the crane home next week and lifting the body off the frame:shocked :thumbup. As for the interior I am going to keep it as stock looking as I can. But while I have the carpet out I am going to pressure wash the hell out of them to get them good and cleaned up. I am also going to steal fireguys sub box plans, And I might be making a new console to hold al my goodies in :thumbup. Also I am thinking about building a sub floor underneath the rear seat and monting all my amps under there so I will have no worries when the tip is off.:thumbup

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not yet my work schedule only makes it possible to work on sundays but Due to my brother's huge has Goped race on sunday the bronco is going to put on hold this weak:cry :banghead

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well it seems like my bronco is going to be famous. Broco driver magazie wants me to send them in pictures of my build up process of my bronco:thumbup :thumbup :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Inner fender weal removed

What I found when I took it off.

:banghead

:iissRust

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well this is what I got done this week I know it is not much but I have so little time to work on the bronco due to work and and freakin daylight savings:mad:

getting it primered up.

and this is a close up of it with the new rubber coating I put on it.

All in all it took awhile to get most of the rust off of it so it was paintible but hopefully I won't have to worry about rust on this thing ever again.:thumbup

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
all those bubbles mean you did very shotty prepping :twak :twak :twak .... but i know how it goes..i replaced those panels on my pickup bed and those inner fenders were rusted to hell :beer

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no it was not the prepping it was how that shit shot out you have to be fast with it or it does that and it was the first time I ever shot that rubber stuff.:twak

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
you would be suprised how bad that inner fender gets before your outer fender rust. :duh yea, yea broncomx everyone has excuses...:boxing i jsut have to pic on someone :histerica

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
oh yeeeahhhh :lolup

its best to replace asap.....or it will get worse, and worse, and worse.....its a very simple job.....especiallay of it is jsut the wheel arch....i would just buy that arch piece or buy the panel for the pickup...just need a die grinder / electric grinder with cutoff wheel and wire welder....then lots of time spent with the bondo to make it perfectly smooth again...and don't skimp time on that part....it takes for freaking ever to get it smooth...i can't count how much time i spent on mine coat after coat of bondo.....but by the time i sand it all down it was just paper thin in most areas.....make sure you use like 36 grit sandpaper to make rough edges in the metal too for the bondo to grab or it will not hold in a year or two and start bubling....i can show you evidence. :banghead :banghead :banghead

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.