Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just had a chevy straight axle put under his 95 z71 and we need a part for the steerig, what is the name of the bar that goes from knuckle to knuckle and lies in front of the axle? thanx

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats what i thought, but we brought the part in because the old one was rusted soo bad we couldnt get the tie rods out, and the parts store said they had no idea what it was and that they didn't have it? the axle was from a 1982 gmc classic sierra

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not the track bar, its leaf sprung, its not the one on an angle from the steering box to the knuckle,it doesnt have a swaybar either, so there's only one more that goes across the front, its gotta be the tierod, but it blows my mind how the parts store doesnt have one or know what it is

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
its the drag link if it goes from the steering box to the passanger side knuckle

the reason you can't find it is beacause They dont make it!
old chevys like that dont have crossover steering....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No its NOT the steering box to pass side. It's the one from knuckle to knuckle, and yes it has one cause we pulled it off the orginal axle.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It sounds like you are talking about the tie rod (the rod that TIES the 2 front wheels together so they turn the same). The parts store probably only carries the tie rod ends hence the reason they dont have it. you will probably have to buy it from chevy dealer or go to the junk yard or if you have the tool and know how make one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts