Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago I picked up this basket case of a 94 Bronco. It looked like it had been parked in a slush pond and left to rot for a while. The interior was 100% completely trashed. The cel light and the airbag light were on, and the exhaust was hanging about 4" from the ground. The suspension was wasted and the inside 4" of both front tires were completely worn bald. The reason I picked it up was because of the KB 1.7 under the hood. After getting it home I determined that the maf wires were corroded and caused it to lose the signal. This caused it to run in the failed MAF fuel table. As you can imagine it was really lean under boost. The loud exhaust leak I heard turned out to be a head gasket. The clock spring was broke, so the horn didn't work, and the airbag light was on. Let the teardown begin.

I removed the rubber floor and all the interior. Next up was the pressure washer, and some scrubbing.
Next I installed some sound deadner.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I pressure washed the original rubber floor and cleaned, plastic welded, and dyed the interior back into shape.
New tires, and here she is.
The exterior is pretty beat up, but I'm thinking about green Monstaliner, with tan pocket flares.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the wiring to the MAF meter all soldered up, clock spring replaced, cel light and the ABS light are both off now. I wrote a tune to the Quarterhorse to turn off all emissions related items, allow 30# injectors, and get her running smooth. It idles smooth as glass with the exception of the plumes of white smoke from the tailpipe, and the ticking of the blown hg. Headgasket will get replaced next week along with some new spun metallic cat converters. Ill post some underhood pics as I get her cleaned up. I just just picked up a Hobbs switch to get the KB Boost a Pump working correctley. Long weekend.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same stuff I always use, Quick Roof, peel n seal. Works pretty good.

·
Use the Force...
968 Posts
Ya, that's what it looked like. I've been using it, too. I have the doors done, going to do the floors here soon. Made a huge difference in the doors. No rattle when they shut, very solid and the speakers sound better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts