Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, it is official. Today I got the written offer from Colsa for a job. I held out long enough and was persistent enough to get a Tech I position there full time. (not the temp positions they kept offering me) I will be starting on monday at $10.25 an hour (however they start you low and give raises based on performance, so if you are a good worker you get good pay). Which is a significant pay raise for me. And for around here, really good with out a degree.

The job is assembling Command post shelters for HMMWVs. Little wrenching, wiring, and hooking up computers and radios. Not quite a aircraft mechanics job but it is a step in that direction. My job interview consited of going through the Colsa guy first. then I had a second one with the Northrup Grumman guys (Colsa is a sub-contractor so all the big bosses work for Northrup). From everyone I met during the interviews, which is a lot, there seems to be a lot of good guys that work there. Kinda harrased me about being Air Force, all i met were Army and Navy guys. But the good thing is, Dana works there in a different area, and my buddy RJ, thanks to me for pointing him there and talking to Ron about him, works there. So I got a lot of insight on what the people are like. In fact a couple of Dana's bosses and my soon to be bosses were at the wedding. (gave nice gifts by the way :thumbup :brownbag )

So I officially got a new job now, not just a lead or a possibility, its in black and white :rockon

Not a bad wedding gift if you ask me. So tomorrow I am going to turn in my resignation at my current employer.

today has overall been a great day. Got Dana and I a joint account at my bank, then got a 3k loan to pay off my credit cards and some misc stuff so we have our debt consolidated, then have a bit left over for important things like tools. then went junkyard diving with chris and dana to find a pinion nut for my bronco and a couple things like a pass seat bracket and a spring for the rear seat in chris' 84..no luck there, but i found a little known driveshaft shop tucked away in the corner of Huntsville and they had pinion nuts...6 bucks a pop, but they had them. So i bought 2 for the 8.8 and 2 for the 44. then got some free food from my parents, and ate lunch for free thanks to dana's dad....so today has been one of those really strange days that does that rare thing of being a great day.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Glad to hear that Daniel, been a long time coming.

:thumbup

·
Explorer driving
4,192 Posts
Congrats. :thumbup

And free food always helps make a day good. :brownbag

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Good on Ya Daniel.....things have a way of working out, dont you think? Married, employed, all in one week....a keeper if you ask me

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Congrats on the new job. Nice to see it in black and white, isn't it? I felt like framing my offer letter for the job I'm in now.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
good job

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys....yeah i think i do need to go get a lottery ticket. TN is only a couple miles away

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Awesome Daniel, good luck with the new job, and may your pay rases come with great expedience! I'm sure you'll do great :thumbup

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yesterday i went into Colsa to see my boss to get some of the things done before my orinetation on monday. Well he found out that I am only 2 classes shy of having my CCAF AA degree....been that way for awhile now (couple years)..told me I need to go to my school, find out when classes start, and let him know so he can bug me until i get back into class so I can get promoted to a Tech II.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,513 Posts
shit dude... you gotta get more specific in your damn thread titles! :goodfinge

Sorry to weigh in late on this one, but congrats man!
I truly know the feeling. Whooo Hoooo! :rockon

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i just saw your thread pepe. congrats :rockon

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
congrats dan about time. hahahaha looks like you will be bamafied yet

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
wow, new jobs are just flying around here (pepe, peteyg, now dan)...glad to hear it Dan, hope you like it. :thumbup

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imlikeojnow said:
congrats dan about time. hahahaha looks like you will be bamafied yet

yeah unfortunanltly it looks that way:goodfinge

between getting this job, and chris and i starting the business (hopefully in a few short weeks it will be going) it looks like ill be here for awhile. Cause if all goes as planned ill be working here until its time for us to open the shop, which is planned for about a year from the start of the internet store. And if I am going to do this, im not going to up and leave after it opens. So I am starting to look at houses. Even for dana and I, where we are is just a bit too small. We need a bit bigger of a place and id rather buy a house then rent a place.

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Congrats Daniel. Yeah go with the buying a house, renting is just like throwing away money cause you can get kicked out anytime the landlord sees fit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts