Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok y'all. It's getting to be that time again... time for us to plan our 4th Annual Run In The Sun. Traditionally, this event is held the last weekend in July....and i think that'd be a good time frame to shoot for again this year.

I'd like to skip all the drama like there was last year with the poll of wheeling locations and everyone getting their panites in a bunch when the location was announced. Can anyone give a good reason not to hold it in Uwharrie this year? I feel this will be a better choice than Tellico, since the ECBR F4A will be held in Tellico July 4th weekend...

Anyway, the thread is open to suggestions now :thumbup
 

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
Joined
·
11,916 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
I'd like to skip all the drama like there was last year with the poll of wheeling locations and everyone getting their panites in a bunch when the location was announced.
Oh c'mon! It's like tradition. The Dixie chapter can't even plan a M&G without somebody saying it needs to be closer to them. I say we stick with the traditional "Poll and Bitch' approach to choose a location. :toothless

I feel this will be a better choice than Tellico, since the ECBR F4A will be held in Tellico July 4th weekend...
Dammit, why wasn't I informed? I only wanted to go the F4A because I thought it was at WITC. This will indeed change my plans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,024 Posts
Jon, set it and they will come!
 

·
Wanna see my
Joined
·
4,450 Posts
Just a suggestion, but what about the new place in TN. Wooly's something or nother? :shrug


Where is this place that you are talking about?
 

·
Are those REAL?!?!
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
Oh c'mon! It's like tradition. The Dixie chapter can't even plan a M&G without somebody saying it needs to be closer to them. I say we stick with the traditional "Poll and Bitch' approach to choose a location. :toothless

I agree... :toothless :beer :twotu: Why break tradition???? :histerica
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
arkansawer said:
Just a suggestion, but what about the new place in TN. Wooly's something or nother? :shrug


Where is this place that you are talking about?
It's in North Carolina

Lets see if this map works:



I hope by locating it there, we can get some of the yankees to join us again *cough*jackhart, reptillikus*cough* and maybe even dsotmoon would attend :rockon
 

·
is FSB'd out
Joined
·
5,159 Posts
YES!!!! I, along with all the other NC people, will gladly accept Uwharrie for this year's RITS. It means I'll actually be there. It's got good trails that all levels of broncos can conquer, moderately challenging lines for the more built rigs, and a really nice setting with good camping. Just look at any of the Uwharrie threads posted in the Dixie forum and you'll see a bunch of pics that show you exaclty what I mean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,024 Posts
Dont matter to me....I will either be able to be there or not....
 

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
Joined
·
6,950 Posts
johnski said:
YES!!!! I, along with all the other NC people, will gladly accept Uwharrie for this year's RITS. It means I'll actually be there. It's got good trails that all levels of broncos can conquer, moderately challenging lines for the more built rigs, and a really nice setting with good camping. Just look at any of the Uwharrie threads posted in the Dixie forum and you'll see a bunch of pics that show you exaclty what I mean.
:stupid My exact reaction. My bronco WILL be running and lifted 6 inches by then, no doubt about it. Even if i have to take out a loan and sell a kidney, lung, plasma and my soul i can be at uwharrie.
 

·
Some assembly required!
Joined
·
5,402 Posts
RITS on my home turf, sweet. You guys will like Uwharrie. It's not as bad-ass challenging as Superlift was last year, but frankly I think there were some guys there last year who were somewhat outside of their comfort zone and would have liked to do some more wheeling than they ended up doing because of that. Uwharrie is a great place to get togeather because it has stuff for all but the most hardcore wheelers.

So for those of you who are wanting a little info on the place, here it is. It's like an hour outside of Charlotte, where I live. It has good camping, although I've never camped there because I live so close to it. Some of the camp sites have latrines, but no shower facilities. To be on the safe side bring your own toilet paper. There are some formal camp sites, or you can just camp wherever you want, I see people camped right off of the trail quite a bit. And there is a rifle range, in case you feel like plinking a little. Cost is VERY reasonable, $5 per day per vehicle, passengers ride free. I THINK camping is the same price, but I'm not sure. Trails are open to all off road vehicles and you'll see a lot of ATV's. Generally speaking they're pretty curtious and will yield to bigger vehicles. It's state owned, so rangers come around and check your trail passes occaisionally. If you don't feel like camping there are some hotels pretty close, about 20 minutes or so away in Albemarle. If you want to go out to eat you'll also probably end up in Albemarle, or Troy which is just a little closer but smaller. Right next to the trails is a little place that we generally meet at called Eldorado Outpost, this is one of several places that you can buy your trail passes. They can cook you a quick burger or what not if you don't want to go all the way into town, and their potato wedges kick ass.:thumbup

And last but not least, here are some tasty pics Patty took last time I was up there just before they closed for the season, just thought I'd throw them in for no good reason.:goodfinge



 

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
Joined
·
6,950 Posts
guess this is kind of a noob question but....i know the R.I.T.S is usually more than a 1 day thing, how long does it go on?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in the past, the early birds wheel in small groups while people straggle in on friday, then the big runs on saturday, and maybe a smaller run sun morning for those who don't have a whole day's drive ahead of them...

But no one says we have to stick to tradition. You tell us when/and how long you want it to be :twotu:
 

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
Joined
·
6,950 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
in the past, the early birds wheel in small groups while people straggle in on friday, then the big runs on saturday, and maybe a smaller run sun morning for those who don't have a whole day's drive ahead of them...

But no one says we have to stick to tradition. You tell us when/and how long you want it to be :twotu:
Well, I along with most of the other Charlotte people could probably get there early Friday and wheel clean thru Sunday evening as long as nothin gets broken. the Friday/sat./sun thing sounds good to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,227 Posts
ECBR F4A Is at WITC...not Tellico
 

·
Joisey don't smell funny
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
July you say? Hmmmm....maybe I'll take a real vacation this year, tour the Smokies and include RITS as a part of it. My rig should be done by then. Mark me as a good possibility. :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,024 Posts
Just figure it out, Jon....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool. I'll leave y'all to talk amongst yourselves for a week or so and then we (either me or Blaze) will announce the location and date. This thread is really a means to give y'all a heads up so it'll be fresh on everyone's mind.
 
1 - 20 of 238 Posts
Top