Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Banner Ironwood? I had my son there almost 4 months ago. I don’t know Eric or most of you guys personally but if I can help in anyway I am willing to. My real name Robert Sr. I am sorry for you and your family. We will keep you in our prayers.

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
CTCA is in control now and I can tell you with experience these guys jump on everything and fast. CTCA on Monday is giving Erick Radiation, Chemo, and immunotherapy the tri-fecta. They want to hit it at all angles but obviously this is going to be a tough thing to get through. He will have to leave his job for this and will be on disability and will be needing a GoFunMe as they are a 2 income family and I'm not sure how the wifes job is going to hold out and taking care of someone going through this is a FULL time job, so that will give us something to work on. He Sounds positive on the phone but I can hear in his voice hes under stress. His faith in God is very strong and is using his faith to get him this far on top of being one tuff MF!!!! Please keep praying, Sending vibes, Light or whatever you can spare and thank you.

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
I talked to him just now and his appts at CTCA are all day from 11am till 8pm .... right now he is complaining of stomach acid @BikerPepe` from what he thinks is the steroids they are pumping into him that is keeping him from eating. I mention you as I remember you having stomach problems and maybe you can suggest something. Anyway our conversation I had with him was just my experience but to concentrate on the simplest stuff. It's very important that he eats a lot, drinks a lot of water, and get sleep. It's important to keep things moving inside him as that's how his body is going to get rid of the poison that they are about to give him.

Anyway it was a short conversation but its an update

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,903 Posts
Always appreciated bud.

I have both Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) & Irritable Bowel Syndrom (IBS) and have for decades now. I take 2 different medications, twice daily (GERD: Nexium or Esomeprazole Magnesium & IBS: Levsin or Hyoscyamine). I also partake in my Medical Marijuana every evening and occasionally earlier in the day, on particularly rough days. All 3 make an effective change for me and all 3 work with a cumulative effect but the MMJ does help to provide a measure of instant relief. Unfortunately, in my condition, none of these completely relieve the symptoms but reduce the pain and discomfort involved.

I've more recently developed an intestinal Diverticulitis and the recommend treatment for that is an increased Fiber intake. I mention this because it's an easy supplement to add and should help to maintain intestinal integrity until he can get the stomach acid over-production under control.

Prilosec is an over the counter medication that is often recommended to treat the GERD, which is basically an Acid Reflex issue similar to what you say he's experiencing. It's not strong enough for me but he shouldn't be there, not yet anyway. Over time the stomach acid being out of control will damage the sphincter of the stomach and that will allow more stomach acid to flow up into the lower intestine and further damage the intestinal lining, causing further discomfort and interfering with it's ability to digest. I would try the Prilosec OTC immediately, as it's easily available without an Rx and should help to calm the stomach production of excess acid. I would also recommend the Medical Marijuana for both the intestinal and 3 prong cancer attack treatment suffering.

Hope that helps some.

Oh yea... I almost forgot. If he's good with dairy, a little ice-cream or a milk shake helps me feel a little better too. Provides a little cooling to the cauldron your stomach feels like with all that acid bubbling around inside. Ice-cream, you scream... who doesn't love ice-cream? ;)

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,311 Posts
I agree with the Prilosec. I take it every day to keep mine under control. You can also get the generic store brand (that I use) that goes by the name of Omeprazole - it will be the 40 mg dose. It’ll be about 2/3 the price of Prilosec. One pill will control it for 24 hours.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,009 Posts
I can echo the acid issue. I take ranitidine (generic zantac) daily. Of course its being label as a carcinogen now so...

The worst triggers for my reflux is cheap pepperoni and sausage. Usually pizza related.

Still sending thoughts and prayers. Have my go-fund-me funds ready to go.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,903 Posts
Another tip/trick I've heard of but have never tried myself... angle the bed. If acid reflex is causing issues while sleeping, they say tilting the bed up at the head will allow gravity to help keep stomach acid lower in the body. Like I said... I haven't tried it but if he's having a specifically harder time at night, that might help some too.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,880 Posts
Got it!
Now we need to spread the word.....

IT WAS FREE GO FUND ME PAGE

....because to be honest with you, I got unsubscribed from this thread again.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,880 Posts
61 - 80 of 116 Posts