Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,002 Posts
Another tip/trick I've heard of but have never tried myself... angle the bed. If acid reflex is causing issues while sleeping, they say tilting the bed up at the head will allow gravity to help keep stomach acid lower in the body. Like I said... I haven't tried it but if he's having a specifically harder time at night, that might help some too.
On particularly rough nights, I stack pillows. Definitely helps keep acid out of the esophagus.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,878 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,710 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,878 Posts

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Ok so I’m pretty sure about 10-12k people have seen the GFM page. If you guys see it on FB please share it, comment on the post. Like here it will move it up on the timeline and that’s where we want to be. I’ll be pushing it once a week so to not cram it down people’s throats lol. But if you see them please comment !!

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
I talked to Erick and he’s doing good. He has 2 broken shoulders (the reason the hospital was trying to keep him). This is a big deal to him in trying to get around. He says his legs are strong but he has a balance problem. Really good news is they got the seizures that caused the shoulder problems , and tongue blighting under control.
He is worried he won’t be able to make his 25th anniversary special for his wife come the (20th of this month. It’s really good that he’s thinking like this.

They did end up not doing the second round of radiation until the chemotherapy is done. The Dr didn’t want it to ruin the effects of the chemo. They also did the immunotherapy.
He again with emotion wanted to thank everyone for the prayers AND donations he is totally blown away and is exactly what I wanted him to feel that he’s not alone so thank you for that everyone!!!!!

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,878 Posts
We are still prayin' !!!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,002 Posts
Two broken shoulders!? How the hell does that happen?

Having been through shoulder issues myself, that's gonna suck. Just another pile on the mountain he has to climb. Best wishes Erick

·
Addicted to Junk
12,002 Posts
He was having seizures
Did the convulsions break them? Must've been some serious episodes. Is he epileptic or are they from the cancer? Not to compare him to an animal, but my dog got lymphoma and started having seizures. Pretty serious ones.

Still praying

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Did the convulsions break them? Must've been some serious episodes. Is he epileptic or are they from the cancer? Not to compare him to an animal, but my dog got lymphoma and started having seizures. Pretty serious ones.

Still praying
I assume from Flaring around ... He was also biting his tongue (almost in half) from them also keeping him from eating.

Today CTCA did surgery to help his shoulders. They also decided to do the Radiation also so they are doing all now. Talking to him he sound much much better but as you can imaging he sound better earlier in the day but kinda fade the later it get's. He is really doing well I can tell by his attitude and the way he is sounding. Turns out I may see him there on the 20th as we both have appts there an hour apart lol We are half way to our goal on the Go Fund Me page so thank you for that. I'm hitting it and promoting it today and tomorrow so if anyone sees anything post up ... even if it a get better comment ... any action will bring it to the top like here and that where we want it.

Please keep the prayers coming !!!!!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,903 Posts
Good vibes are rollin' in. Appreciate the update. I can't imagine how exhausting all that shit is... and I can imagine some pretty serious sh!t. Give him a big bro-hug if you can and good luck to you for whatever is taking you even close to a similar route.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts