Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,808 Posts
Best wishes man. Anyone got that fund link? Might be good to pop it up again

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,808 Posts
Thanks Fred. Sent some his way.

·
Premium Member
1992 Bronco XLT
2,153 Posts
Hey everybody thank you for the kind words. yes got right shoulder replaced (complete replacement) now need to schedule a left shoulder replacement. ugh!!! but overall Cancer and shoulder are making awesome improvements, I must say its all due to your continued prayers and keeping the faith in our God. Ill continue to have my sister update @Quader1 so he update this thread if I cant.
Thank you all again for you support, It matters and it helps.

Kind regards, Erick

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,973 Posts
Welcome back Erick, and Godspeed on your recovery!

·
Addicted to Junk
16,808 Posts
Wonderful news Erick! Keep up the good work on your end too... Good to see ya feeling good enough to hop on here. Take care

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,482 Posts
How I felt when I opened this thread and recognize Erick making his own post...

Keep on keepin' on brother!!! Thanks for taking the time to swing by. 🍻

·
Super Moderator
29,800 Posts
Erick,
Godspeed to you Erick!
"...You look down on where you came from sometimes
But you'll have this place to call home always..."

Al

·
38,482 Posts
Ran across this new release this afternoon and thought of you Erik. Show 'em your FIRE buddy!

·
Administrator
2,905 Posts
We were able to take Erick Wheeling on Terminator a couple weeks ago. Erick is still not able to drive but it certainly was a great time. He looked right at home directing and getting everyone Over the obstacles. Me and my wife, @not a jeep & @95 Bronco Wyatt (with his wife)and then with Erick and his lovely wife ...... I will also post some vids once I find them (I broke motor mount on first obstacle but finished with a strap) ...
a
Hi

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,235 Posts
Great update! Thanks for the report. Glad y'all were able to get out!

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Addicted to Junk
16,808 Posts
Thats pretty damn great! Can be much better medicine than enjoying some quality time wheeling with FSB buddies

·
Administrator
2,905 Posts
to do a large update, Erick was doing wonderfully but probably over doing it. We have worked on his BKO as a group, just us and have gone wheeling a few times. Over the Christmas Break Ericks Sister was able to visit from Outta town for a few days. They were able to drive up north for a day and then he went into the hospital. They drained 1-1/4 liters of fluid out of his lungs Basically told him there is new kind of aggressive cancer and that he only had 3-6 months to live (a lie)...... They released him (after his sister already had to go back home so he only spent e few days with her) home only to have to go back to the hospital for the same symptoms only this time he went in kinda out of it going in. They were able to get him moved to CTCA even though they are not a hospital they do hat the facilities and the best doctors in the world.
CTCA confirmed that he does not have that cancer the idiot dr claimed but he has pneumonia. They were able to treat him and spoil him back to health. just the mental difference on Erick B/W the ER and CTCA Dr's is really noticeable.

Anyway he is back home and on the mend doing much much better.

I'll follow up with some messages I got from his Sister during all of this

·
Administrator
2,905 Posts
This is a text I got.... this is the second visit to the hospital

“Update: So they r saying he only has pneumonia - it is not the fluid on the lung. ER dr and CTCA dr r talking and determining if he can b transported to CTCA and then he will b able to get his treatments tomoro and have his scans!! I'll keep ya posted!! Thanks for the prayers! I am just so thankful that I am here w Lori!!!”
More info from his Sister: "Thanks everyone. Evidently he is now telling us that there IS fluid on the lung. I guess we will find out more later hopefully! I’ll keep y’all posted!! Thanks for the continued prayers

He is currently waiting on transport to CTCA. “

and then the next night

""He made it to CTCA last night around 10p give or take a few. He had a chest X-ray this morning. They have not said if he is having the ct scan or mri. He had a ct scan at DVMC yesterday- but idk if they will use it or do their own. They r n agreeable that this is full scale pneumonia and it is very bad. It is not related to the cancer. However he does have fluid in the lung which is related to the cancer. And it is a negative side effect of the Keytruda which is his immunotherapy. So he will not have that today. There r several other options they can do for him which r the same treatment NSCLC. "

"
Lori and I wonder if when he left DVMC last week he didn’t have a touch of pneumonia and over the week since we were doing a lot of walking around and moving.
🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
???????
Yesterday at 11:14 AM · Sent from Mobile
But they r saying that he got the pneumonia first because he has had it in the past but bc his immune system is compromised. They r keeping him for at least 2 more days bc it is so bad. The dr at CTCA last night did say that it was really good that Lori fought to get him transferred to CTCA. He had a Dr Kaye at DVMC last night that was INCREDIBLE!!! He was a God Send!!!"“

"

·
Administrator
2,905 Posts
After his first night at CTCA I texted him asking how he was, keep in mind the night before he was under the impression he had 3-6 months

“Great they drained off .625ml from the right lung! The Dr. was incredible he coached me through breathing and I had little to no pain when he was done! 🫁😍i can take a deep breath now, so we will see what tomorrow brings"

·
Super Moderator
29,800 Posts
Thank you for the updates Fred!
If suitable please pass on this to Erick;
"One day at a time! So Lord help us to take one day at a time. Help us to enjoy today and trust you for tomorrow."

·
38,482 Posts
So glad to hear the updates. Really appreciate it in these crazy times. Tough go, to be sure but not surprising considering what cancer treatment does to a healthy body, much less a compromised one. Let him know we're (FSB) still pulling for him and his support group. Take care of yourself too Fred!

·
Administrator
2,905 Posts
Then the next day I had texted him asking how he was , he’s was already acting like himself although I know getting around and doing basic stuff is difficult for him here is his reply

“Got discharged at 9, i can breath now with some pain still in my upper body but its a significant difference. I was treated very well there and the food was good. Room was nice. I had my own bathroom and shower TV remote operated . Just left dentist office, I haven’t eaten so headed for breakfast.”

161 - 180 of 213 Posts