Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
I want to know how you can step into the rear tires of a bus and die. Its impossible for me to try to invision it. I can see you getting your toes run over. I just dont see how it is physically possible to get completely killed by the rear tires. And it could not have been that the bus hit him head on. Otherwise the driver would have seen and known for sure. I dont get it.

·
Premium Member
9,986 Posts
It was a guy named Richard Bright, who was in all three "Godfather" films, The " Getaway" with Steve McQueen and countless other films etc.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Marauder said:
I want to know how you can step into the rear tires of a bus and die. Its impossible for me to try to invision it. I can see you getting your toes run over. I just dont see how it is physically possible to get completely killed by the rear tires. And it could not have been that the bus hit him head on. Otherwise the driver would have seen and known for sure. I dont get it.
i guess you've never seen a NYC bus. some of them - not the local ones, but the ones that go from borough to borough - are massive, and very tall. others are like two buses sandwhiched together, they have a round pivot circle in the middle, they are really long. anyway, it would be real easy to hit someone and not see them from the driver's seat in those bigger buses. in fact, it happens alot more than you think.

people also jaywalk alot in NYC, they see an opening in traffic and try to make a dash for it across 5 or 6 lanes of traffic and wind up getting flattened. although there is an "official" speed limit of 30 mph in NYC, on a decent day people routinely do twice that on the avenues. taxi cabs are especially horribly fast drivers. the "screeching" of brakes locking up is a normal noise heard throughout the day.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
I have been to NYC (I am actually going back to visit my uncle and aunt this summer), although I don't recall seeing those. There is something similar to those busses in Germany, with the pivot, I never realized there was something like that in NYC.

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
I'm glad the last time I was in NYC was about 20 years ago........damn GW bridge looked like it was going to fall down.

·
Premium Member
9,986 Posts
I haven't lived back east for the last 30 yrs but I certainly remember crossing the streets in Manhattan, WATCH OUT!
Dead at the hand of a BUS ~

·
Registered
285 Posts
jackhart said:
i guess you've never seen a NYC bus. some of them - not the local ones, but the ones that go from borough to borough - are massive, and very tall. others are like two buses sandwhiched together, they have a round pivot circle in the middle, they are really long. anyway, it would be real easy to hit someone and not see them from the driver's seat in those bigger buses. in fact, it happens alot more than you think.

people also jaywalk alot in NYC, they see an opening in traffic and try to make a dash for it across 5 or 6 lanes of traffic and wind up getting flattened. although there is an "official" speed limit of 30 mph in NYC, on a decent day people routinely do twice that on the avenues. taxi cabs are especially horribly fast drivers. the "screeching" of brakes locking up is a normal noise heard throughout the day.

I can see gettin taken out by a bus, the thing that gets me are the people killed by lightrail commuter trains.
THEY ONLY COME DOWN THE TRACKS !:shrug :confused:
If you see the track look for the train. Happens about once a year around here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts