Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2nd mouse gets the cheese
614 Posts
at the dodge dealer i worked at we got all our motors from jasper if i were to buy a long block id go with them

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
I've installed Jasper, ATK and Yamato engines, and with a correctly done install, had only one bearing problem (on a Chebby, no less). Stay the Hell away from Recon and one other that I can't remember the name of, it's been so long since I installed one of theirs. They chintz out and skip important steps in the reman process. I installed a Recon once, and it ate the bearings. They immediately said we hadn't cleaned all the old metal bits out of the oil pan (had it cold-tanked in-house); once they knew we had done that, they said we didn't pre-oil it (we had a Chebby dizzy just for that purpose). We ended up suing them when it turned out they didn't micropolish the crank journals; took only two weeks for oil pressure to disappear. And, yes, we won.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Installed 6 jaspers over the last 5 or so years...........good thing they have a warranty that pays the tech for warranty work. My $.02

I would rather install low mileage OE motors then install mass reman'd engine companys motors.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
:stupid

IMO OE wins every time, but Jaspers are not that awful. I'd run one in my 79, but I think if it were something where the engine was really key I'd go through all the hell of building it myself...

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
If you got the scratch and want the best, this guy is the chit,
Bad-Ass Ford Engine
. For a Carb 351 bottom line your looking at $5500, add EFI add 2k. Yeah, I know it is expensive. He boasts a zero return rate since 1978, and I think he has a 1 year warranty for street vehicles, you have to email to confirm that. Zero BBB complaints. He builds racing engines, so warranty usually isn't an issue as nobody honors a warranty on a race care. Here's one of his engines in a 83 bronco...

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
I been running a Jasper 302 in my 76 trail rig for about 6 years now. It's been very good. I have abused it, ran it very hot on quite a few ocassions, and it keeps going! Just had the intake manifold off it for an efi conversion and it looked brand new inside - probably have about 18K miles on it, combo of street and trail. I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I ran a Jasper 351W for about 4 years and it was great. No complaints here. I ended up selling the Bronco, so last I heard it was still running strong.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Got a long block from them once, a 351. The cam was installed 180 opposite of what it should have been. They paid the mechanic to fix it though.

·
Registered
980 Posts
you can get a bad rebuild from anyone, but Jaspers are very big here in my area and I have not heard any complaints, I have a Jasper 350 in my 79 Chevy 4x4 and it runs strong as hell, but I didnt put it in there, it was in it when I bought it with 10'000 miles on it

·
Super Moderator
25,754 Posts
yo, Get a price locally, then check out

Remanufactured Transmissions & Engines - Motorcraft® Brand, Broncos & all Ford vehicles
Source: by fordinstallersupport.com @ http://www.fordinstallersupport.com/files/catalogs/ptm200.pdf

Remanufactured Transmissions & Engines - Dual Brand, Broncos & all Ford vehicles
Source: by fordinstallersupport.com @ http://www.fordinstallersupport.com/files/catalogs/ptf200.pdf
get some estimates from tthe Distributors & Ford; Ford has a good guarantee and the Qual is up there. And the Ford reman trannys/engines do not need to be installed by a Ford Dealer

Look at this Excerpt;
"...Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines
Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48121 (“Ford”) provides the following Limited Warranty on Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured
Transmissions and Gas Engines to Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Dealers (each being a “Dealer”) or general Installers (each being an “Installer”). This Limited Warranty provides that Ford will credit the Dealer or Installer for repairing or replacing, at Ford’s option, any Ford or Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmission or Gas Engine sold by Ford that is found to be defective in factory-supplied material or workmanship subject to the following terms, conditions and limitations:
Retail Customers: To obtain warranty service, please return your vehicle to any Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealership or return to the Installer who
originally installed the Ford or Motorcraft Engine or Transmission Assembly in your vehicle. Please have your original dated receipt for installation date verification.
Complete Gas Engine Long Block Assemblies (6006/6V012) and Transmission Assemblies (7000/7V000/7003)
• 36 months or 36,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
• If installed by a Dealer, reasonable towing charges (up to 35 miles or to the nearest Dealer) are covered only if the vehicle is not covered under
another towing insurance coverage Short Blocks (6009/6V009), Cylinder Heads (6049/6V049) and Crankshaft Kits (6303/6V303) for Gas Engines
• 12 months or 12,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
• If installed by a Dealer, reasonable towing charges (up to 35 miles or to the nearest Dealer) are covered only if the vehicle is not covered under
another towing insurance coverage
Warranty Start Date
• Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines installed by the Dealer or Installer—warranty begins on the date of installation
• Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines sold by Dealer or Installer over-the-counter or to a retail purchaser—
on the date of sale
Limitations to the Warranty
The following limitation applies to the products covered by this Limited Warranty
• Towing charges are not reimbursable for Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines sold
over-the-counter by a Dealer or Installer..."

read more incl the;
"No-Risk" Core Return policy means accurate quotes for engine and transmissions are no problem. 100 percent core credit will be given (regardless of damage or quality of returned core); just follow these guidelines and the return runs
smoothly.
• Returned core is the same part as the assembly purchased
• Core is 100% complete with all parts attached and all fluids drained and is returned in original package..."

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Got a long block from them once, a 351. The cam was installed 180 opposite of what it should have been. They paid the mechanic to fix it though.
Huh? you cannot 180* out a cam....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts