Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
I've been doing some research and just want to confirm for first hand experience. I have a 91 EB with a 351W. Bottom end knocking pretty bad. I thought about rebuilding it myself, but currently short on time with school and work and need it back on the road. Also to do it right (and I am not talking about roller conversion yet) with parts and machine shop labor I am looking at over 1k investment. So i decided to go with a Jasper engine for few hundred more and 100k mile warranty etc. The issue that i have is that I want to get a 96 year model long block which should be fully roller. So from what I understand it should be a pretty direct swap right? Would all the sensors still be in the same place etc? How about emissions?
Thanks a lot.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,880 Posts
well the only thing thats roller on that motor is the cam and lifters, the rockers are not roller rockers. a 5.8 is a 5.8 so if you take all of your hardware off your current motor and install on the roller cam motor you wont have any issues.

you do realize that jasper wont warranty the motor unless a certified mechanic performs the install.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know how jasper works, that's not an issue. Since I am getting just the long block i am concerned how everything else is gonna fit. The long block is gonna come with a new oil pump, the rest i am getting separate. ( water pump, hoses, plugs, wires, etc) I do want to completely replace the distributor as well. I know there will be a difference in the distributor gear as roller vs non roller cam, Is there any difference in distributors themselves? Could i just get a distributor for a 96 bronco?
Thanks.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Just specify the casting number on the block starts with F4TE-AA and you will have a roller or roller ready block. That's the best you can be promised in search for a roller block.. Probably a better solution than rebuilding your existing 351 if you can afford it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was under the impression that all 96 year moddels were roller cam and 94-95 were roller ready. However, there is a ton of people on here that dodson to have a 94 or 95 with roller cam. Very confusing. I need a way to know for a fact because I am ordering a 96 model specifically because I am looking for a roller cam engine and not a roller ready.

·
7,880 Posts
it will have a roller cam

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the long block is on the way...should be here in a few days. Now I just need some headers and a correct distributor gear.

·
7,880 Posts
just pull a dizzy from a 95+ bronco/f150/f250 running the 5.8 at the wreckingyard.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright so ordered some headers today. Talked to the guy at parts store, geting a complete distributor for a 91 and a gear for a 96. Gonna swap em.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts