Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. When I bought my Bronco, there was paperwork in the truck from Jasper showing a new transmission. Am I to assume that the transmission was rebuilt by Jasper or the transmission is now a Jasper transmission? There is a Jasper tag on the transmission that is on the truck now.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
AFAIK Jasper sells rebuilt transmissions... In other words they sell you a tranmission that they rebuilt and then they rebuild your core and sell it to someone else. They don't rebuild your transmission for you like a local shop would.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
From what is reported, Jasper reman engines and transmissions have a lore of respect for durability and reliability. If you got a Jasper trans, I would roll dice you got a good one! There cost is more than others, which reflects there reputation.

HTH,
Andrew

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
I've got a Jasper rebuilt AOD in my 88 and have been most happy with it. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Ironclad said:
I've got a Jasper rebuilt AOD in my 88 and have been most happy with it. :thumbup
Me too! :thumbup No problems out of mine. IIRC it ran me about $1200.00

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
MyFullSize said:
From what is reported, Jasper reman engines and transmissions have a lore of respect for durability and reliability. If you got a Jasper trans, I would roll dice you got a good one! There cost is more than others, which reflects there reputation.

HTH,
Andrew
:stupid
***NOTE: Just passing on the word, no personal experience.***

My brother in law works at a tranmission shop and rebuilds/replaces transmissions for a living. Every Jasper reman. transmission they put in has come back. They've since stopped using Jasper, this was a couple years ago IIRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts