Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

JBA Header Fitment Problem

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BikerPepe` 
#1 ·
I had posted a couple of weeks back about failure in my Bassani headers. The tube that hooks up to the EGR fell out with the weld failing. Well the flanges were warped too, so I decided to replace with JBA, which I thought might be built a little better being stainless.

So now I have a fitment issue. with the JBA headers! The passenger side collector does not drop enough to connect to the y pipe, which is a Bassani. If I try to bolt it up, the y pipe gets into the oil pan long before the flange will seal up. I measured from the top of the header flange to the bottom of the collector bevel and the Bassani's I took off have one inch more drop than the same measurement on the JBA's, hence the problem. Although the part numbers match, 1628S, I thought that jBA made an error in boxing these up. Summit sent me a new set today, and they measure the same.

This makes no sense. I have never had a set of headers that would not bolt properly to this y pipe, and the difference in measurement between the Bassani and JBA headers is one inch, that accounts for the problem I see. What is going on??? Could JBA be making an error in building these? The Bassani Y pipe is not built specifically for Bassani headers, it should fit any header I would think.

#2 ·
You did get 351W headers? I could see 302 headers coming up short. Maybe JBA does not really make a 351 specific header. Also you are correct on the bassani Y should fit up to most headers the end where the stock manifolds do. I have it connected to a set of ford racing headers now, but also had it on my manifolds for a long time too.

#3 ·
Yea i would send those back and get some ford racing headers instead. Sucks but those JBA's are cheap. I had a similar problem with BBK Headers. I had to have my Y pipe Flanges cut off and replaced with larger flanges in a different position to get the BBK's to work. That was another $250 I wasnt counting on.

#7 ·
the JBA headers are not cheap and frankly my set have been on the rig for 8 years with out issues.

you need to contact Bassani and get a donut if you will that fits between the collector and the y pipe. a number of folks on here years back ran into this issue when the cheaper bassani y pipe was offered and getting it to connect to the JBA's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.