Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
if its new you might have to lay out the top back across the cab and then snap them into the rear bows without locking them down.

I know the snaps aren't the greatest on that thing.. but they haven't come loose - just a few of them are tough to get snapped and hard to get off.. i figured if they ever go out i will get some quality ones and have them sewn in.

it will loosen up a but after you put it on. The toughest part for mine was tucking the edge under the cab rail.. that thing took me a long time to get it in there..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did anyone also end up with a gap on the end rails near the tailgate where the spacer goes? Just seems like a large gap for water/dust etc to get into.

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
Did anyone also end up with a gap on the end rails near the tailgate where the spacer goes? Just seems like a large gap for water/dust etc to get into.
I added some weather stripping from the hardware store in addition to the weather stripping thats already on there to make sure water and stuff kept out. My rails sit at a slight angle and the spacer at the end wasn't that bad, as i said i used weather stripping..

and as another note.. i have never tucked the rear window into the tailgate rail.. never seemed to fit.. it's too long.. even if i crank down the rear rail. However this doesn't really matter too much as cruising down the road or going slow not much air gets back there anyway.. it doesn't really flap either, makes it easy for me to reach in and grab stuff.. which would include others... so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Landshark, just now found another post on it and it showed installing weather stripping. As much as i would hate to take it all apart again i think i will.:smilie_slap Got a space heater in the back right now to warm the top up since it is snowing outside right now. Hopefully the stupid snaps will start to line up as they are about an 1 1/2 off right now:cry

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
no problem - good luck, i have my hard top on still not putting the soft top on until june.. the cold really makes it tough to work with.. wait until july or so.. you won't believe how easy it is to work with then..

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,276 Posts
I found the top is tough to stretch even in 60 degrees, needs to be in the sun to loosen up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EVERYTHING FITS FINE ITS JUST THOSE DAMN BUTTONS ON THE REAR BOW. I CAN SNAP THREE ON TO ONE SIDE BUT THE OTHERSIDE IS OFF BY AT LEAST 2 INCHES. IF I UN SNAP THOSE 3 AND SNAP THE OTHER SIDE FIRST IT WORKS OUT THE SAME WAY.
:whiteflag

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had that problem too, I relocated a couple of female parts of the snaps of the fabric. I went to an upholstery shop, they had the tool to crimp them in. Cost me $10

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jackson is right JBG placed them wrong and the only way to really fix is to get a snap crimping tool and relocate some of the snaps. Takes a few minutes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts