Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the jeffsbroncograveyard soft top?? i was gonna buy one i wanted some opinions about there durability etc. If you dont like them does anyone know where to get a better top. Do the untinted windows yellow over time??

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just put mine on a couple of weeks ago. The overall quality of the top is good,you will definitely want to replace the screws that go into cab roof, if not all of the hardware.There are a couple of more threads on these tops that come up with a search.I did have a problem with one of the window zippers, the little metal clip that holds the zipper on the window fell off.Not a huge deal and im sure it's an easy fix, but after you pay $600 kind of sucks. I would definitely buy again (hopefully never have to).I got the tinted windows so can't help you there. It's sweet with all the windows out, kinda like a big bikini top.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just put mine on a couple of weeks ago. The overall quality of the top is good,you will definitely want to replace the screws that go into cab roof, if not all of the hardware.There are a couple of more threads on these tops that come up with a search.I did have a problem with one of the window zippers, the little metal clip that holds the zipper on the window fell off.Not a huge deal and im sure it's an easy fix, but after you pay $600 kind of sucks. I would definitely buy again (hopefully never have to).I got the tinted windows so can't help you there. It's sweet with all the windows out, kinda like a big bikini top.
Can u post a picture so we can see the top on?

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
Thanks for the pics. First I've seen of one actually on a Bronco. It's a pretty nice looking top!
I'm curious though, it says it requires "minimal" drilling. How little drilling in there? I personally would have issues with drilling where it's visible once the hard top's back on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
None of the drilling is visible with the hard top back on. just small holes to get the screws started for the parts that attach to the cab, and 2 holes in the top of the siderail on each end by the tailgate, all will be covered by the original top. I plan on filling these with silicone when the hard top goes back on for the winter.

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
Awesome. Thanks. Makes me want to get one even more. :thumbup

·
Registered
710 Posts
None of the drilling is visible with the hard top back on. just small holes to get the screws started for the parts that attach to the cab, and 2 holes in the top of the siderail on each end by the tailgate, all will be covered by the original top. I plan on filling these with silicone when the hard top goes back on for the winter.

NNNOOOOOOOOOO Please don't use silicone.... never use silicone... arrrrgghhhhh...

sorry, silicone puts a bug up my butt... I do restorations and see silicone on almost every car we roll in the shop. They make so many other products that will work better. Basically anything else but silicone. silicone does not stick to ANYTHING for very long, and after it has been applied it leaves a residue that NOTHING else in the world will stick to, you will have to sand off the paint where the silicone was if you ever need to do something else in that area.

cool looking top though :thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts