Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever used ball joints or anything like that from jcwhitney, gotta replace the ball joints on my bronco.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
NO! Don't skimp on suspension parts!

Go to JBG.com and buy the Spicer non-greasable for $45 a set.
Remember to apply light pressure from a floor jack to seat the balljoints so they dont spin.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how long do the non greaseables last? advance has greaseables for $96 total with tax with lifetime warranty for both lowers and uppers. a small local parts store has them for $80 with 1 year warranty for both lowers and uppers.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i grease the front end i usually do, but unfortunately she hasn't seen the road in a year. do greaseables or non greaseables last longer?

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
when i grease the front end i usually do, but unfortunately she hasn't seen the road in a year. do greaseables or non greaseables last longer?
how often do you typically grease the front end?
the way i understand it, if you never grease any of them (there are plenty of people that don't) the non greasables will last longer, but if you grease 'em monthly or so the greasable ones will last longer,

i may be wrong (it's been known to happen) but that's what i understand from a few threads i've read,

·
Registered
96 Posts
FWIW I used JC Whitney stuff on my truck in 2001 and it was all TRW. Still working fine today after two trips across the USA. May not be TRW now though, don't know.

Ron

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
The spicers are non-greasable

I had a pair of shop installed balljoints that only lasted 20,000 miles and they were the worst. Probably cheap stuff. My next set (Moog greasables) lasted 60K. Then I just put in Spicer non-greasables.

And stay away from Junk Cars Whitetrash.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I used JCW leafs on my 77 F100...no problems in the 6 years I've had them. Haven't sagged either.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'll probably get the ball joints from the parts store around here and probably this summer when things pick up more at pepsi, i'll get new leaf springs for the bronco, probably dew for them with it being 21 years old in april and they're sagging a little bit. i'll wait till then to install the 2" lift that i have, already have new u-bolts, i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
The problem with the greasables is that you'll have to pull out the zerk on the upper BJ and plug the hole before you put the axle in. You won't be able to grease it without pulling the axle.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
found an adapter for a grease gun that should fit above the ujoint to grease the upper ball joint. gotta pick it up and give it a whirl.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts