Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this sent to me on my 4x4 club mailer ... check it out .. looks like it could actually make a go at it straight outta the factory .. can't wait to the the sticker price

Jeep Rescue designed for extreme situations

Detroit, Michigan - Designed as a search and rescue vehicle, the new Jeep Rescue concept vehicle also hints at the future design direction of a new large Jeep, says DaimlerChrysler.

Featuring all-new body-on-frame construction with hydroformed frame rails and riding on an 80-inch wide chassis with 123-inch wheelbase and 37-inch tires, the Jeep Rescue is designed for the most extreme situations and unforgiving conditions, says the company.

Its front hydropneumatic suspension and heavy-duty link-coil rear suspension have adjustable ride height and an additional 4-inch lift available for fording. The aforementioned 37-inch tires feature an MTR tread and run-flat capability, negating the need for a spare. On-board tire pressure control has the ability to “tune” tire pressures for maximum traction on all surfaces.

The Rescue can be configured to run almost totally “open” - with folding front windshield and a retractable backlite, a sliding glass sunroof in front, a fold-forward canvas roof in the rear, plus, all four doors are removable.

Powered by a Cummins Diesel and featuring seating for five, the Jeep Rescue’s list of rescue and safety equipment includes:

AC electric power (10 kW) generation in the field
3-D topographical mapping software and topographical navigation system
Under- chassis, point-of-view cameras for avoiding danger in its path
Passive, infrared (thermal) cameras for search and rescue
Satellite telephone; VHF radio, digital video recorder with satellite transmission capability
Retractable 4-point harnesses for vehicle occupants
Exterior perimeter lighting
White LEV lighting for long distance visual search and reduced power use
Folding seats in rear compartment of vehicle
Remote control winch - front and back

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Yea, as much as I'm not a fan of Heeps they seem to be the only ones realy trying to build a capable off road vehicle...:shrug

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Its not as nice LOOKING as the new bronco..In my opinion.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
here is rockcrawler.coms write up, has more info and some specs

here is a link with a TON more pics. i would buy one if it came out and i wanted something along those lines. also, jeep has given the go ahead that they will be building an extended version of the TJ later this year i believe, it is also on rockcrawler.com, the name for it at this point is the "Wrangler Unlimited"

i like the design, i would buy it, jeep is the only company making halfway capable vehicles from the factory anymore, you gotta really understand that from a wheelers point, they dont want to be building all the time, they want to be on the trails

wes

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Drilim said:
Its not as nice LOOKING as the new bronco..In my opinion.
I agree; but I like it, it's kinda like a 4-door Rubicon. I wish Ford would come out with something like this, too. Something that's this capable. I hate to say it - but I think I'd get it before one of the 2004 Broncos - at least it can back up what it has.

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Now that's a jeep! Finally, they did something right. I still wouldn't buy it, but it's a helluvalot better than nearly anything else they've built. The only changes I would have asked for, assuming I'd buy one, are to move the anchor points up higher, move the nerf bar/step boards up higher, and to keep the grill vertical instead of being slanted back

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Yes, probably $84g's for starters. Just like the "Awesome" H2.....

I will stick with the Bronco.

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
I love it. If i didnt have my bronco, id buy one. There are a few things that i dont care for, such as:
Passive, infrared (thermal) cameras for search and rescue
Satellite telephone; VHF radio, digital video recorder with satellite transmission capability
Folding seats in rear compartment of vehicle

Can do without all of those, and bring the price down some. If u can order it without all of that stuff, then that would be awesome.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
There's a guy in our local email list, that's wanting to build himself just this same thing, so he doesn't have to rely on a spotter

Since the jeep is built for search and rescue, I cna see why it'd be built to include all those gadgets

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
thats bad ass. looks a lot like a hummer though lol.

·
Premium Member
6,782 Posts
I would rather spend the jack on my current Bronco, or grab a 68 and mod the hell out of it.. No need for Jeeps. Does look like a hummer as well. The New (hope not) Bronco looks like that Jeep as well.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
scheki said:
its sas. I like it. Cheaper than a H2 i bet.

What you mean it used to not have a Solid Axle? And they swapped one in from the factory? Wouldn't it have been easier to just start with a solid axle?

SAS = SOLID AXLE SWAP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts