Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you fit 3 kids in the back seat of a wrangler?
PLEASE answer the question...then give all smart ass remarks.:popc1:

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't want to know why you feel the need to load an offroad vehicle full of kids, just bring some duct tape in case they get out of hand.

I've seen it done with the new jk's, and my cousin has an 79 cj5 and me and my girlfriend fit comfortable so 3 children shouldn't be an issue. never rode in a new jeep tho.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Not safely. I had a 98..awesome little truck and saved my life in a bad accident but no way would I put 3 kids in the back.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,598 Posts
I believe it would depend on the kids size--3 car seats? 3 small youths? tight is the word that comes to mind...rode to Vegas in the rear seat with an Offensive Lineman from UCLA (300+lbs)in what I think was an 92 Jeep. Not terrible cramped but not exactly roomy either.

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
The new 4 doors? Sure. Anything else I'd say not a chance unless you don't like your kids very much.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
If they're little (as in under 10) you can physically do it, but you shouldn't as there are only two seatbelts.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,518 Posts
That's nothing. March, 1969, we are moving from Portland, OR to North of Seattle, and it was Mom, Dad and five children, ages 4 through 13...four boys and one girl. We all went in a 1966 Volkswagen type 1 convertible: Mom and Dad in the front seats, I was on Mom's lap, Jeff was in the cubbyhole behind the rear seat, and Fred & Tim sat on each side of Liz in the back seat. She didn't shut up the whole way up.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
You probably could. When I was a kid, we would fit four people in my dad's Std Cab F150.....my sister and I shared the center seat belt.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Does it have 3 seatbelts in the back seat?

I owned a Wrangler once, but it didn't have a backseat so I have no idea if it should have 3 belts or not.

After belts comes age/weight of the little ones, do they require car seats?

CO recently changed their carseat laws (without really informing the public), we're one baby step - pun intended- away from a full 5 point safety harness for kids. You may want to research your State's carseat laws.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
You could, but a better question would be, is this a good idea? I mean, from a safety aspect, do they need car seats or boosters, as Juggernaut suggested?

Also,

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Easily done. I grew up in the back of a wrangler, many cross country trips while loaded up with potted plants, clothes, snacks, boxes, and two parakeets.
It's tight, but to be honest it's tight for ONE kid alone if he has normally long legs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts