Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Badassbroncos request here's the story of the jeep recovery.

It all started about 3 months ago. When a group headed out to go up to the kink glacier. Well the water was really high. A nissian got stuck and this jeep was called out to come help them get out. The water was way to high for anyone to be out there. The jeep headed into the water and started being washed down stream. Everyone got out of the jeep safe enough.

A week later or so, a group went out to rescue the jeep. In turn swamping a late 90's dodge 1500 on 35 boggers. The next weekend a group went out to recover the dodge. Almost losing all their jeeps and a few people down the river. As you dont' **** with ALASKA's rivers! and the water was way to high and fast to be there.

So anyways the owner of the jeep got the insurance to pay for it. And they decided to leave it. A group of us disagreed with leaving it up there. Being as it was a fellow wheeler in there club. A trip was planning to go get it out. With most others in that club insulting those that wanted to go out and remove it. They told us we couldn't do it because they had tried and couldn't get to it. So we where dumb shits, retarded and the like. So to prove them wrong and finish our plan of removing it. The date was set for 9-21-03.

Jeep as it was found

Go M12,000 go.. I hope I don't break my TTB. This is about when the loud bang happened and the guy said "STOP THE BUMPER CAME OFF" Ripped that poor little jeep bumper off:)

Sitting in the river pulling it out

Jeep sitting on dry ground

Jeep Extraction write-up (inprogress)

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there are a ton of abandoned rigs. People steal them take them out there drive them till they break then torch them. Blazer is going to be staying there as I wont be going to get it.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Hahahaha. If nothing else, You got some cool pictures from it.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
That's how Alaskans get their trail rigs... they'll plant a die-cast model in the rivers, then harvest them, when the time is right

Like Phil, I've seen plenty of vehicles dumped, and torched, along the Jim Creek area. Sad, really, but for those dumb enough to want to try to cross the river w/o the proper rig, equipment or smarts, they deserved it

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
if i'm not mistaken that's the same heep that my neighbor that sold me my bronc tried to go git. he kept swearing up and down that noone would ever be able to retrieve. i believe there are pics and video of it over at northern 4x4's site.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You buy Brians Bronco?

I was going to buy it and fix it.. Then steal the Detroit out of the back and sell it:)

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
bronco85,
what did you do with the jeep? is it yours now? the thing is that you would have to somehow obtain a salvage title from the insurance company, and they are going to want some money for that. STUPID INSURANCE COMPANIES :twak .

i thought it was funny that you had the dodge strapped to the back of you to anchor you. when i got stuck really bad once, that story is for another day, we had a jeep with a warn 9500 try to pull me out, loaded down his front suspension til his tires hit his flares, then he just started to move towards me. it took 2 other jeeps to anchor him to pull me out. that was a fun day

wes

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
There is an abandoned Quarry in my neck of the woods here in Connecticut. Same deal with the stolen, beat, left for dead vehicles. There is some ok wheeling in there, its not that large tho. But there is a cool campsite that kids go to have bonfires and drink. But this one dumb kid with a Ramcharger was wheeling in there after a ton of rain, hence a ton of mud. He didnt have his front driveshaft in, and freakin buried the truck. The broke a couple of winch cables getting him out. Finally after like 25 days he found a guy with a military 6x6 who was able to pull him out. Except the only problem is, vandals trashed the truck. Smashed all the glass, messed up the interior, shoved mud down the intake, slashed the tires, threw a transmission thru the windshield. Instead of just telling the insurance company it was stolen, he is rebuilding it. He is almost done now. But he has prob spent 4x the worth of the truck in the first place.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
SquattyD said:
Instead of just telling the insurance company it was stolen, he is rebuilding it. He is almost done now. But he has prob spent 4x the worth of the truck in the first place.
Imagine that, honesty. You make it seem like NOT committing insurance fraud is a bad thing.

The loud noise you just heard was me falling off my soap box :goodfinge

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hell if I had to leave my bronco. and it got trashed. I'd sure as hell rebuild it again.

Your the reason our insurance rates are so ****ing high!!!! That would be illegal and you would get thrown in jail if they found out you just left it there, and called it in as stolen.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
so i ask once again, what are you goin to do with it?

wes

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
man Bronco85 i just relized that i love your bronco!! very nice.
and im with Wes what r u gonna do with it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts