Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,781 Posts
The wrangler is a off road vehicle. Its a jeep thing, they wouldnt understand...

people who drive them dont care about drivability, they have a commuter for that, just like many people on here.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The wrangler is a off road vehicle. Its a jeep thing, they wouldnt understand...

people who drive them dont care about drivability, they have a commuter for that, just like many people on here.
I disagree with the last statement. The first, I agree with.

They are brand new jeeps, I think a lot of people who buy them drive them everyday as their DD. Now a good amount to modify to the point where they have a DD, but id say, generally, with newer jeeps, they are the DD.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Consumer Reports is full of biased dipshits who couldn't stick their thumb in their ass.....:goodfinge

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Consumer Reports is full of biased dipshits who couldn't stick their thumb in their ass.....:goodfinge
I agree 100%

And the unreliable comment is BS. Jeeps are very reliable vehicles.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Compared to an Accord or Camry? :histerica

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
the interesting thing is that the list was a bunch of small SUV's and useless cars

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Jeeps have always been made for off road. but in the recent years the jeep has become Cheap to say the least. Plastic interior, shotty firewalls, case in point a tree went through one. thin metal, poor seat design, no off road smoothness. To me a jeep should be able to go great off road and smooth onroad. that is what they are for. they are light enough to do that. hell my friends stock 90 does that. it is a beast off road on traiuls and what not and smooth onroad with no road noise.

either way it is still a Jeep, and im too big to drive one

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
I was reading it this weekend and thought the same thing, I don't think they liked the bronco either back than.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rubicon

Consumer Reports performs off-road testing at its Connecticut proving grounds, but off-road ability doesn't factor into the final scores.
Take all the SUV’s at the Rubicon trail and see what happens.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
I wonder if there is some data somewhere showing the % of jeep owners who actually get it dirty over the past 10 years...be interesting to see how it has changed.

·
Registered
294 Posts
wow jeep gets torn and so does a little dodge lol chrysler isnt feeling the consumer report

I agree jeeps have gone cheap recently, and I would say the majority of cars and trucks comeing from the big three when compared to the past and imports they have all become unreliable in recent years

that isnt to say I wouldnt buy another Ford they are just a lot more finiky

We had a Windstar it did last 7 years before we got rid of it and in those 7 years a lot of money went into too. It lived in Toronto and belonged to a hockey family so it got a lot of miles on it however so did the Camery

While we owned the Windstar the 2nd car we had was a 97 Camery which almost never saw the inside of the garage while the Windstar was in and out all the time. And that was before the warrenty even ran out it was going in and out. I ended up writing off the Camery due to someone running a stop sign and I t-boned them at 60 km/h and we bought a 2002 Camery.

When the ticket on the Windstar came up, my parents couldnt get rid of it fast enough because it was a money sink. And I feel that applies to most new crap coming out of the big 3.

I would kill to defend the honour of I guess pre 96ish Ford and in most cases Chrysler and GM but my experiance with those companies are all things older then 1991 but if it came down to buying a new Camery or the Ford equivilent, a Focus I guess, I would by the Camery hands down.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
the low points were fuel mileage and rough ride... what happened was a bunch of car people went out and bought four door jeeps... when it didn't work like a car they were disappointed... same with the h3 coming in second worse... this also happened a few years back with the h2... people bought them and then were horrified because they couldn't see out of them and they got lower fuel economy... well duh... this report has little to do with reliability and all to do with a consumers perception... a lot of dopes didn't understand "the jeep thing" when they went to go buy jeeps... as someone that has been around jeeps and offroad vehicles all of my life i do not see the jk as a bad auto... it's just another jeep

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
broncojeff hit it on the head. i didn't buy my jeep for gas mileage, road manners, visibility, handling, braking, noise, fit and finish, frontseat comfort, or access. that's just plain stupid trying to evaluate a jeep based on those attributes.

and in three years mine has been pretty much dead nuts reliable (granted it's a TJ unlimited, not a JK). haven't done anything besides change the oil and rotate the tires (besides the lift and gear swap, of course).

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Consumer reports is good to read if you are buying a blender or a Toyota. Otherwise, don't waste your time other than to find out specs on different cars.

They bashed the Jeep for good reason, if you are a consumer reporter. It isn't luxury, it doesn't get the best gas mileage, it is kind of an eye sore, it is slow, and it doesn't have the best street manners.

So if that's what you are looking for, buy a Lexus. If you want something that is built to handle some offroad abuse while still comfortably and reliably getting you to work, than the Jeep works.

Yes, Consumer Reports also says that it isn't reliable. I have read online that there are some issues but for the most part, Jeep has been taking care of them. The big one that got me is that I read a lot about the hard top leaking in a car wash.

Regardless, I fully intend on buying one.
Normally when you make an argument you counter the other persons responses. All you did was state the negative aspects that were already mentioned by CR. Is there any logic behind the fact that you want to buy one? Or is just a factor that cannot be quantified, like brand loyalty?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts