Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened to a group of guys I know this past weekend. Amazingly, they were able to retrieve the Jeep with the other trucks there.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
WoW!!! Guess he'll be doing some work to get that one back running and not stinking inside too!

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Wait a minute, were they japanese, by any chance? Did they winch it out from the other side? :histerica :histerica

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
that BLOWS in a major way, at least it was a HEEP

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
That really sucks, I wouldnt be surprised if he tries claim it on insurance and total it.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Juice doesnt that guy go to Tech? I swear I see that truck on college ave all the time near the old burger king

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
You guys lost two vehicles in that large wet hole? :histerica

Well you guys don't need to get hit over the head with a sledge hammer too many times before you learn your lesson, huh?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
waltman said:
You guys lost two vehicles in that large wet hole? :histerica

Well you guys don't need to get hit over the head with a sledge hammer too many times before you learn your lesson, huh?
Two? Who said two. Looks like 2 trucks in 2 different places. The hole wasnt big enough for 2 at a time

·
Registered
784 Posts
the ice in that first one looks especially thin. wouldnt somebody at least test the ice before driving your vehicle on it???? hell i worry when i walk on it let alone drive a truck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
miketrains03 said:
the ice in that first one looks especially thin. wouldnt somebody at least test the ice before driving your vehicle on it???? hell i worry when i walk on it let alone drive a truck.

There had been people on it all day, and it looked like for a while before that. This spot was near a creek entrance to the pond. Never knew it was there until it was too late. My bronco stayed dry, and insurance is going to cover the damage for the guy. Pretty lucky IMO.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
ToddACimer said:
Juice doesnt that guy go to Tech? I swear I see that truck on college ave all the time near the old burger king
Todd isnt that truck more of a olive green and it doesnt have a bed at all on if just exposed frame rails i thought.

·
Registered
784 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
Ya, that's why we always "test" the ice first. Like throw a small rock on it or hit it with a stick or something, you know, something that would replicate the weight of a fullsize truck driving across it :toothless
i was talking about oh...i dunno...whipping out a cordless drill w/ a long bit n taking 4 seconds or so to drill a small hole. id take the time to do that before losing my truck to the bottom of a lake and the time to fix it. :thumbup

id love to hear what the guy told his insurance company...i was driving down the road hands at 10 and 2 and everything at 30mph with 4 car lengths between me and the guy in front......then bam! im on thin ice and my truck sank. :histerica

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
WOW, that's pretty scary stuff. It looks cold to be messing around in water. Hmmm.............it's about 70* here right now, I think i'll go swimming today.

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
ToddACimer said:
no he's a local around here in marquette, unless he moved. i know built4wheelin is buddys with him, i'm pretty sure he works at one of the dealerships around here

1 - 20 of 23 Posts