Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever noticed that when you checkout/pay for your purchase at Jeff's Bronco Graveyard's website the secure logo does not appear on the bottom right corner as it should? This happens in both IE and FireFox. Their site claims to be using SSL
SSL Comodo Digital Certificate

Our entire checkout process is encrypted by a fully validated 128 bit Secure Socket Layer(SSL) Certificate. Once the SSL link is established all communication between our Server and your browser will remain secure and confidential."
This appears to be BS to me! and if I'm right, every purchase done via their website opens us to identity fraud and some serious headaches. :wtf

I emailed them 3-4 weeks ago addressing this and they never responded. I wanted to give them a chance to explain before I passed the information along to you all.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mine shows it is locked. (IE 7)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, I'm using IE 7, pretended to buy a seat, login into my account (which shows my personal data) and no lock for me. I did it in Firefox and it showed up.I swear I didn't have one on firefox previously. Maybe its a display setting i have on IE. I'd upload a picture, but it looks like a pain in the arse.

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
Showed a picture of a padlock in the lower right-hand side on AOL. -Kevin-:thumbup

·
Registered
697 Posts
I would make sure I had a little more proof of something before badmouthing a reputable vendor. After all, it's only their livelyhood.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I would make sure I had a little more proof of something before badmouthing a reputable vendor. After all, it's only their livelyhood.
I don't really think he is bad mouthing them.............yet...

In his defense, he did say he sent a email to them almost a MONTH ago, assuming that this is true, I would expect a serious question about security to be addressed very quickly, especially if they are a reputable vendor (not saying the are not as everything so far I have heard is good, but I have never ordered anything myself)

I don't blame him for asking as it seems that a few have and haven't seen a logo so far.

KC

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think his browser has a problem and they know it. Browsers can be configured and mis configured. Maybe you didn't have an update or something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't really think he is bad mouthing them.............yet...

In his defense, he did say he sent a email to them almost a MONTH ago, assuming that this is true, I would expect a serious question about security to be addressed very quickly, especially if they are a reputable vendor (not saying the are not as everything so far I have heard is good, but I have never ordered anything myself)

I don't blame him for asking as it seems that a few have and haven't seen a logo so far.

KC
Dittos

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have ordered quite a bit from JBG, online and over the phone! There system isn't horrible but I wouldn't say its the greatest. I am some what familiar with computers and computer security. If some one wants in. They can get into any system. No matter how secure. :red x

HACK THE PLANET !!! heheheheh

D

·
Registered
562 Posts
The lock is just a visual indication that you are transferring data over an SSL connection. You should see: https in the url if it's secure.

They may have let their SSL Certificate expire, but have since renewed it. Or, you may have just got directed to one of their servers where the certificate was not installed correctly.

It happens quite a bit in the internet world......

In case your wondering, I've been a senior analyst for some of the biggest firms in the world including Morgan Stanley, TD Waterhouse and Barnes and Noble.com just to name a few.

Your info is MORE likely to get stolen from their Database where it's all stored. Not from someone hacking your unsecure connection to them.

Same goes if you call on the phone and their database gets hacked.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's why I always keep all my cards maxed out. Harder for thiefs to use em that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts