Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where does everyone have their jerry can's mounted?
I was thinking of just tossin mine w/ the holder inside the bed(until I can get a welder to weld it onto my rear bumper....
But soemone brought up a good point about fumes driving me crazy.

So can you please post pics of your mounting if you can please?
thanks for your help!!!:rockon

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
would the stock tire rack hold a jerry can plus a spare

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Shadofax said:
Shadowfax, can you please do sum splainin as to how you made that mount? What materials did you use? How does it attatch to the bumper, or the body?

I checked out your pics, and it's kind of hard to tell from the pics. Big thanks!

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
he has a custom tire swing that he mounted it to

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
the swing away tire rack, he made a custom one. He made a spot on it for a jerry can i think

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
basiclaly all yo have to do is take the stock tire rack (if you are running stock tires....or something close) and weld an extension onto it that will hold a jerry can...basically a couple more pieces of metal tubing and then a pan that will hold the can...then latches or straps to keep it it....concept is easy, fab. sounds easy...if you know how to weld

·
Registered
34 Posts
As a former Policer Officer in FL, I have yet to find a state that does allow this.
I am now in the Army (again) and even we have to move our fuel cans in side our vechiles. In CA too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On the trail should be no problem unless it is a public road. they are afraid if you get hit in the rear end they could explode.Some states allow that they be mounted on a roof rack.....but I will have to check that.

I know Park rangers do not like fuel can at all, because the do not want you to dump fuel on the trail or woods. I havea buddy on CHP..I'll call him

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MMGoose said:
On the trail should be no problem unless it is a public road. they are afraid if you get hit in the rear end they could explode.Some states allow that they be mounted on a roof rack.....but I will have to check that.

I know Park rangers do not like fuel can at all, because the do not want you to dump fuel on the trail or woods. I havea buddy on CHP..I'll call him
aight thanks man for the help
it'd suck to have to put it INSIDE my car..... kinda smellly:cry

·
Registered
206 Posts
I see Jeeps and Land Rovers running around with the cans mounted on the outside all the time here in Kansas.

·
"Clever User Title Here"
2,155 Posts
85bronc said:
it'd suck to have to put it INSIDE my car..... kinda smellly:cry
Kinda smelly and kinda dangersous too I would think. The car gets hot while parked, gas vaporises, vapors possibly leak, you blow up and die on ignition (worst case of course)

You could catch a really sweet buzz though.:rockon

Is it illeagal to carry em even if they are empty?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,033 Posts
T-Hawk said:
I see Jeeps and Land Rovers running around with the cans mounted on the outside all the time here in Kansas.
that doesn't mean it's legal, but I know what you're saying. I've had mine back there about 4 years I guess. It's always back there, though usually has no fuel unless I'm going on a multi day wheeling trip. In Oregon I have seen no law concerning these. I got pulled over to get warned a few months back about needing a bit more mud flap, and the officer never said a word. Course he seemed more interested in my German Shephard.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
jerry can and will...

i have had mine on the truck for about a year, driven all over up and down the east coast with it (empty, for trail use only) and havent had a single legal issue yet, even in nyc and virginia. i do however avoid tunnels, and pay uber attention to where i am driving...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts