Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after neglecting my bronco for quite some time (probably best we don't add up all the months here) I think it's about to to pull her into the shop. Right now she is a collection of unfinished projects. So I think the best way to get the results I want are to simply pull it all apart and start again.

Deadline: 01 Jan 2014

The bronco: 1990 Eddie Bauer Edition

Since then I have tackled a few small projects:

4BT Swap: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174002
SAS: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189268

But I never really finished anything :doh0715:

How she kind of looks right now:

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few things I will be tackling:

Motor mounts
Narrow front end
Re-adjusting front axle
Rear suspension (possible 4 link)
Bumpers (front and rear)
Re-adding A/C and cruise control
Exhaust
Sliders
Complete interior build
Hydrosteer setup
Re-gear rear end
Rebuild transmission
Doubler install
And about a hundred other things.

The first time around I kind of neglected attention to detail. This time I will be going slower and aiming to make it all look professional.

Tear down starts Thursday morning :D

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
me too, hope he takes a lot of pics to keep us in the know
Lots of pictures are in the plans along with a couple tech write ups and follow alongs. Definitely gonna miss having you guys standing around watching me do all the work :goodfinge

If anyone is in the central Arkansas area and wants to swing by just let me know. More broncos are always welcome.

·
Super Moderator
6,598 Posts
Lots of pictures are in the plans along with a couple tech write ups and follow alongs. Definitely gonna miss having you guys standing around watching me do all the work :goodfinge

:doh0715: The secret is out!

If anyone is in the central Arkansas area and wants to swing by just let me know. More broncos are always welcome.
Translation, I need someone to take pictures of me doing all the work. Like welding, mounting beadlocks, moving the axles under the truck, lifting the springs into place. Just to name a few.
:goodfinge

In all seriousness, it's good to hear you are motivated again. You not being around to help out stinks. Don't be a stranger on the web.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Josh, I read your thread about the 4BT swap. I live in Little Rock and would definitely like to see how that works with my own Mk. 1 Eyeballs instead of lo-res digital images. Welcome back to AR.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Josh, I read your thread about the 4BT swap. I live in Little Rock and would definitely like to see how that works with my own Mk. 1 Eyeballs instead of lo-res digital images. Welcome back to AR.
PM sent, time to get an AR group going!

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,875 Posts
Last I remember it drove, did you trailer it here?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So here are a few current shots of how the bronco looks:

Progress for yesterday was yanking out the Sterling 10.25 and pulling it apart in preparation for gears and locker to be installed.

The new parts, 4.88 gears, detroit locker

I can try to write up a Gear/Locker/Rebuild Tech thread if anyone is interested.

Once the axle is assembled it will get cleaned, painted, and tossed back under. I think the next step will be removing the body.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its about time fawker :goodfinge
It will be worth the wait :toothless

Progress has been a bit slower, apparently when you leave for a bit and come back everyone wants you to go do stuff. Really cutting into my bronco build time lol.

Gear ring installed. I really need to get my vice mounted to something.

3 people and 115 ft/lbs later:

At least the bearings were easy:

New races installed:

Should be able to get the gear pattern set up today and have it all closed up. Knock on wood of course.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I learn something new every day. On sterling 10.25 axles, after 1993, the pinion went to a long spline. Almost all aftermarket ring and pinion sets are long spline. When you try to install them with all of your short spline stuff it does not work. The fix, a new yoke for a long spline pinion.

Axle is on hold waiting for parts. Time to pull something else apart :D

Easy to spot if you pay attention I guess...

Old pinion on the left, new pinion on the right:

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The new yoke has been ordered. Went ahead and stepped up to 1410 U-joints while I was at it. Once that arrives I plan on finishing up the gears and rolling the axle back under the bko.

I almost have the tub completely stripped down, few more small parts, doors, topper, and the body will be ready for removal.

Interior almost stripped. Think I may make a new dash.

Tomorrow the body will get stripped the rest of the way and I will build a cradle to remove it. I may have the body off by tomorrow :rockon

1 - 20 of 34 Posts