Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Newly here. Man... what a vast amount of knowledge and a great resource.
I need some help. I’m searching for a spindle for my 88 Horse. After tearing into my wheels and brakes and trying to rebuild my spindles I found that I had a bad spindle. I have the 1987-early 1988 short spindles with the flanged “top hat” manual locking hubs. Does anyone after their upgrades have a spare spindle(s) that they want to sell? Please advise and thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
29,131 Posts
Yo Joel,
Used 87-88 Top Hat spindle @ Ford F150 Bronco 87-88 Knuckle Spindle 4x4 OEM Dana Spicer 44 IFS Front Top Hat for sale online | eBay

Ask at 1980-1996 Ford Dana 44 IFS Spindles | Shop Dana 44 IFS Ford F150 & Bronco Front Spindle Replacements - Torque King

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts

Consider
87 to Early 88 Flange Style (Top Hat) Hub Knuckle Out Conversion to Warn® 6 Screw Premium Manual hubs Info & pics in an 88
Source: by Eric D (Beast, B-Man) at SuperMotors.net

Or
87 to Early 88 Flange Style (Top Hat) Hub; "...You need either ~$600 in flange hub locks, or ~$700 in conversion parts & several hours' labor to convert your front end to the "standard" locks, OR you need a good used axle complete with normal locks which can be had for ~$200 & can be installed in a couple of hours in your driveway. If you get an axle that uses the same style calipers as your truck ('85-94), you won't even have to open the brake lines. Note that '87-early 88 with AUTO hubs use normal locks..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at FSB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo Joel,
Used 87-88 Top Hat spindle @ Ford F150 Bronco 87-88 Knuckle Spindle 4x4 OEM Dana Spicer 44 IFS Front Top Hat for sale online | eBay

Ask at 1980-1996 Ford Dana 44 IFS Spindles | Shop Dana 44 IFS Ford F150 & Bronco Front Spindle Replacements - Torque King

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts

Consider
87 to Early 88 Flange Style (Top Hat) Hub Knuckle Out Conversion to Warn® 6 Screw Premium Manual hubs Info & pics in an 88
Source: by Eric D (Beast, B-Man) at SuperMotors.net

Or
87 to Early 88 Flange Style (Top Hat) Hub; "...You need either ~$600 in flange hub locks, or ~$700 in conversion parts & several hours' labor to convert your front end to the "standard" locks, OR you need a good used axle complete with normal locks which can be had for ~$200 & can be installed in a couple of hours in your driveway. If you get an axle that uses the same style calipers as your truck ('85-94), you won't even have to open the brake lines. Note that '87-early 88 with AUTO hubs use normal locks..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at FSB
Thank you sir! Like I said.... WOW what a freaking ocean of information and resources.

·
Super Moderator
29,131 Posts
Yo Joel,
Good fortune at a yard!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts