Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to swap down. I picked up a set of two JOBOX Underbed Truck boxes off CL last year.
After checking the clearance of the two boxes for my plow truck, I've decided I want to downgrade... at least one of the boxes.

JOBOX Info:
------------
Commercial Rotating T-Handle
3-Point Locking System Latches at Top and Both Sides
3/8-inch Heavy-Duty Continuous Hinge with 1-inch Knuckles
Aircraft Cable Door Supports
.100-Gauge Aluminum with Reinforcing Cross-Hatch Pattern
(and they don't even mention the rubber gasket sealed doors)

Jobox Underbed Box - Aluminum 30L x 24H x 24W - list price: $443
Jobox Underbed Box - Aluminum 24L x 24H x 24W - list price: $415

Ideally... I'd like to swap my large 30L for your 24L. That's a price savings on a straight swap.

mine: almost new condition. mount holes drilled on the top/side for mounting. the guy I got them from last spring said they'd never been mounted... looking at them, you'll believe it. Kept clean and dry in my shop.
With the exception of the pre-drilled mounting holes, these things are absolutely perfect. I'm just a little nervous about the length of the 30L between my cab and rear tire on my old 8' flat bed Plow Beast.

yours:
option 1: direct swap... my 30L x24H x 24W JOBOX for your 24L x 24H x 24W.
option 2: set swap... both of my JOBOX's for yours... of 24L x 24H x 24 or smaller. Yep... I'm still interested if you've got a full set of the 18W variety. Aluminum or Steel... black or diamond plate, preferably diamond plate but has to be a set in great condition.

Prefer to stick with the JOBOX brand... such a good sealing system and locks/handles that a different brand would have to be comparable.
I may also consider trades for other guy stuff or cash ($700 JOBOX set)... but I'd have to be making out pretty good to even consider anything besides the swap. After all... I still need some Underbed Toolboxes before plow season starts.

I need to be clear... $700 for the JOBOX set of matching, but different sized boxes. sorry for the low quality pics. My phone cam is cheap.

Also... local preferred but if you want to buy, flat out... I'll do it, on your dime with my time.

Attachments

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,203 Posts
Just put them in CL or scrap them already

·
35,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no way man. those damn boxes are beautiful and... I paid to much for them. :brownbag

Actually, I want to keep the small one and find a fuel tank about the same size to mount under the flatbed of the F250.
I would love to get that tank out of the cab. Just bugs me for some reason. :shrug
Thought if I could find one similar to a big-rig semi, that would kick ass.

you're right... I should just put the big one on CL and hold the other until I can find my magic sized fuel tank.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,013 Posts
Free bump...

Pepe as for the gas tank, have you thought of using an old keg? You would have to know someone that can weld aluminum though. I have seen it on a friend's dune buggy, looked awesome.

·
35,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had considered a an old keg but I don't know anyone with alum. welding setup and paying someone to convert a it to a tank would cost a pretty penny.
I've seen a few semi's with the smaller tank but finding one of CL is not easy. been looking for a few yrs. now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts