Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just lookin at some of the quick connect jumper cables, the tow truck style kind and i was thinkin i could just make some. I was just wondering about the SB-175 connector, how does it work?? do you need like a male and female end?? is there a difference or are they all the same??

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
sb - 175 is the size... and they are male/female that plugs into male female too

there are screw in types for the smaller ones but i wouldn't recomend anything but welding em my self

it's the same connector that qick disconnect winches use too

i may have some pics around if you want to see ... the end coming off the battery looks the same as the end from the winch

edit... and yes... a lot cheaper to make yourself

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
My wife bought mine for a birthday present at Napa for 100.00, they are 25 feet long, unfortunatly I cut the end to go to my battery and put terminals on them, but now its to short since I moved my battery. Now I may have to pop my hood to plug in, if I ever install it any time soon.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I was actually planning to use Tweco connectors (welding connectors) for my portable winch wiring and a set of plug in jumpers ... have 'em on the welder and they work like a charm. Do you have a pic of the connector style you were talking about?

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
The SB-175 connector is rated at 175 amps. The company makes a 350A version. Dig around the Grainger site and you should be able to come up with the connectors and shells for a pretty reasonable price. Del City also sells the bigger size.

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts