Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen, man am I glad I found this sight. my son and i are trying to fix up a 95 xlt. We are having a problem I can't figure out. I'll be driving down the road and the bronco will start to shudder and the tach will jump up and down wildly. somtime it will recover for a while but eventually it will stall the engine. when you pull over place it in park she'll start right up only to do it again a short distance down the road. I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but if someone can tell me what it is I can fix it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
sounds like a TFI/PIP issue. there is hours or reading on the subject with plenty of tech.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,123 Posts
Listen, I had this same thing happen to me before.

When the spark is delivered to the spark plugs, and cant ground itself out, it back feeds into the tach causing it to jump wildly. On mine, it died just before reaching my driveway. Ended up being my coil wire burnt in half right at the boot for the distributor. Seeing as the coil wire carries the most spark (delivers to all the cylinders), you could try and change out the one wire first, if you got a spare one laying around, or another vehicle to "borrow" one from.

My suggestion is to replace your spark plug wires. I'm almost certain that this is your issue.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
yeah i was having that problem as well. it was hard to find the problem. mine ended up being Fuel pressure regulator. glad you found the problem sounding like you were getting crossfire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts