Overland Bound Founding PrincipalsIf I throw a tent in the back of my Bronco, does that make me an "Overland" guy?
We have fun.
- Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else. We will not further define "overlanding".
- It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an overland vehicle is that it serves the job required, safely.
- We believe a connection with the uncivilized, unpredictable, and awe-inspiring wilderness is essential to human existence. Adventure is not optional.
- We leave it better than we found it.
- The requirements of the trip define "Dependable", and we take that very seriously.
- You are an Overlander. Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature.
- Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
- Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
- Be prepared, and understand basic requirements.
- Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume. Help.
- Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
- We DO NOT engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
- We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
- Humility. "I don't know" is a great answer.
- We don’t brag about exploits at the expense of others.
- We support those seeking answers, understanding we all start somewhere.
- We engage in the smallest of interactions.
Walla Walla is only a skip for me... I’m just on the other side of the Blues. Where are you located? I’m heading up to Spokane and Idaho Falls on the 29th for. Meet and Greet for OB...Well... I have never been to Moses Lake ORV, despite driving through the area more times than I'd care to count. Point being, it is a very centralized location for most PNW members to meet up for some Sand & Mud play. I searched for it and found a site ( Grant County, WA ) but it looks like the cops have the place on major lock down from the site I found. Drinking prohibited in the park (I don't drink but have no problem with drinkers, who have no problem with me tokin' my weed) so that might be a drag down right off... but there may be better camping accommodations nearby, I would hope.
I don't know but I'd love to setup a PNW M&G and meet some more of our local FSB'ers. I'd love to do the MOAB trip for that matter... but it's a big stretch for me, when it comes to gas money and breakdown potential. Living on a fixed income is a drag but it's better than a poke in the eye. In Moses, I could even bring along my ol' lady's quad for campground putting, quick runs, etc.
Rather than hijack... maybe we should make a thread and see if we can generate enough interest to put something together, for real. Like I said... MOAB is a stretch but I could probably pull something like this off in the coming season. I'm more of a hill climb, puddle jumper kinda guy but I've done the dunes at Sand Lake, OR. in a Heep and had a blast, so this couldn't be that bad.
The overlanders group sounds pretty cool but I have little interest in a swap meet, after seeing the motorcycle, snowmobile and gun shows I used to really enjoy turn to nothing more than stealership promo's with no special deals and very little going on between regular folks. You don't have much need for camping type activities when you already live in the woods. At least, that's what my lil' lady keeps telling me. lol.
Oh yea... I''m open to Oregon and Idaho as well, just to be clear. I'm not a big fan of WA BS laws but central location is a pretty big one to put together something worth attending for everyone. I'll be riding down to Walla Walla, WA this season to visit a bro in the state penn, so I'd be open to making that into some kind of M&G too but I have no idea what's up down there. Once the land flattens out, I tend to loose interest.
I'm going to W.A.G. and say there won't be nearly as many in attendance, being it's at the start of a VERY busy time of the season/year.Hmmm. Might have to see if I can make that happen afterall.