Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is any one going to the Northwest Overland Rally in Plain Washington on June 18-21?

more information can be found here

I am not affiliated with this event, just curious if any FSB members will be here.

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
If I throw a tent in the back of my Bronco, does that make me an "Overland" guy? ;)

Doubt I'll make it to something like that but I would love to make an FSB M&G anywhere in Central WA where we could meet up with many of our PNW/FSB brothers (and sisters, if there are any). In all the years I've been around here, I'm actually quite surprised we've never had a M&G at Moses Hole or someplace similar but we do seem to be spread out pretty thin up here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
If I throw a tent in the back of my Bronco, does that make me an "Overland" guy? ;)
Overland Bound Founding Principals

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-founding-principles.442/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-founding-principles.442/
I through a tent in the back of my Bronco as my Overland rig. There are several other FSB builds going on over there.

A Northwest FSB campout would be cool. Maybe we can try to put something together.

Well... I have never been to Moses Lake ORV, despite driving through the area more times than I'd care to count. Point being, it is a very centralized location for most PNW members to meet up for some Sand & Mud play. I searched for it and found a site ( Grant County, WA ) but it looks like the cops have the place on major lock down from the site I found. Drinking prohibited in the park (I don't drink but have no problem with drinkers, who have no problem with me tokin' my weed) so that might be a drag down right off... but there may be better camping accommodations nearby, I would hope.

I don't know but I'd love to setup a PNW M&G and meet some more of our local FSB'ers. I'd love to do the MOAB trip for that matter... but it's a big stretch for me, when it comes to gas money and breakdown potential. Living on a fixed income is a drag but it's better than a poke in the eye. In Moses, I could even bring along my ol' lady's quad for campground putting, quick runs, etc.

Rather than hijack... maybe we should make a thread and see if we can generate enough interest to put something together, for real. Like I said... MOAB is a stretch but I could probably pull something like this off in the coming season. I'm more of a hill climb, puddle jumper kinda guy but I've done the dunes at Sand Lake, OR. in a Heep and had a blast, so this couldn't be that bad. ;)

The overlanders group sounds pretty cool but I have little interest in a swap meet, after seeing the motorcycle, snowmobile and gun shows I used to really enjoy turn to nothing more than stealership promo's with no special deals and very little going on between regular folks. You don't have much need for camping type activities when you already live in the woods. At least, that's what my lil' lady keeps telling me. lol.

Oh yea... I''m open to Oregon and Idaho as well, just to be clear. I'm not a big fan of WA BS laws but central location is a pretty big one to put together something worth attending for everyone. I'll be riding down to Walla Walla, WA this season to visit a bro in the state penn, so I'd be open to making that into some kind of M&G too but I have no idea what's up down there. Once the land flattens out, I tend to loose interest.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
@
Well... I have never been to Moses Lake ORV, despite driving through the area more times than I'd care to count. Point being, it is a very centralized location for most PNW members to meet up for some Sand & Mud play. I searched for it and found a site ( Grant County, WA ) but it looks like the cops have the place on major lock down from the site I found. Drinking prohibited in the park (I don't drink but have no problem with drinkers, who have no problem with me tokin' my weed) so that might be a drag down right off... but there may be better camping accommodations nearby, I would hope.

I don't know but I'd love to setup a PNW M&G and meet some more of our local FSB'ers. I'd love to do the MOAB trip for that matter... but it's a big stretch for me, when it comes to gas money and breakdown potential. Living on a fixed income is a drag but it's better than a poke in the eye. In Moses, I could even bring along my ol' lady's quad for campground putting, quick runs, etc.

Rather than hijack... maybe we should make a thread and see if we can generate enough interest to put something together, for real. Like I said... MOAB is a stretch but I could probably pull something like this off in the coming season. I'm more of a hill climb, puddle jumper kinda guy but I've done the dunes at Sand Lake, OR. in a Heep and had a blast, so this couldn't be that bad. ;)

The overlanders group sounds pretty cool but I have little interest in a swap meet, after seeing the motorcycle, snowmobile and gun shows I used to really enjoy turn to nothing more than stealership promo's with no special deals and very little going on between regular folks. You don't have much need for camping type activities when you already live in the woods. At least, that's what my lil' lady keeps telling me. lol.

Oh yea... I''m open to Oregon and Idaho as well, just to be clear. I'm not a big fan of WA BS laws but central location is a pretty big one to put together something worth attending for everyone. I'll be riding down to Walla Walla, WA this season to visit a bro in the state penn, so I'd be open to making that into some kind of M&G too but I have no idea what's up down there. Once the land flattens out, I tend to loose interest.
Walla Walla is only a skip for me... I鈥檓 just on the other side of the Blues. Where are you located? I鈥檓 heading up to Spokane and Idaho Falls on the 29th for. Meet and Greet for OB...

I'm up near Newport but I can run down to Spokane and grab a sandwich or something to shake a hand.
Walla Walla run could be me or maybe ride the ol' lady and swing the big circle through Portland/Vancouver for family.
Time will tell... but if there was a solid ORV M&G option in your area, I'd be as good with that as Moses hole.

Ya'll get some pics and hope you have a good time with the Overlanders.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
There are two OHV parks here. One is kinda lame. I am trying to get with the park director to add more trails this year... but the other OHV park is supposedly a knarly one...

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L

Hmmm. Might have to see if I can make that happen afterall.

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
Hmmm. Might have to see if I can make that happen afterall.
I'm going to W.A.G. and say there won't be nearly as many in attendance, being it's at the start of a VERY busy time of the season/year.

Especially with people/the country trying to get back to some normalcy post-lockdown.

Reactions: BikerPepe`
1 - 14 of 14 Posts