Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have been looking for a front spindle for my '86 and came across a full front end for a mid 80's bko. I still need to check years on it but I am pretty sure it will work. The guys at the yard said if I took the part off myself (cap screws, cap, spindle nuts, caliper, disc etc...) it would be about 30 bucks ONLY for the spindle :twak . I told them they were trying to rip me off and I left. Now, since I found no other bkos at the local yards :duh , I'm planning on going back. This time I am thinking about keeping all the internal parts since I am going to have to take it all apart anyway.

So, my pricing question is for:

1 spindle and locking nuts (quoted at around $30)
1 auto 4x4 hub and hardware
1 calipers (rusted)
1 discs (rusted)
or
both sides from 4x4 cap to spindle

Is there any point in trying to clean up a set of rusty calipers or discs or just forget about it:shrug ?
Or I can just buy a new spindle and forget about the junk yards completely.

Thanks

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Forget the other stuff. The price for the spindle is a little high, I payed 20 for one that was removed, but I go to that yard all the time and could say I know them pretty well. (hey when they ask you if your getting ready for the local Mud bogs that is coming up) I went in there 2 days ago looking for a chebby T case slip yoke and he gave me 2 for $10 , saying just bring the one you dont use back next time your in town.

Why are you trying to run Auto hubs again... they are just gonna let you down.:doh0715:

·
Registered
912 Posts
$30 for a good spindle is more than fair.

I wouldnt pay for auto hubs and I buy new calipers/rotors. I dont skimp on the life saving stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
81Bronk36 said:
Why are you trying to run Auto hubs again... they are just gonna let you down.:doh0715:
I don't wheel and I just need the rig to stay together for a while. I would only use the little parts if I happen to break/loose a screw or clip or something. Manual locks will only come if I get the truck running better.
Thanks for the spindle info.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Franklin said:
$30 for a good spindle is more than fair. I wouldnt pay for auto hubs and I buy new calipers/rotors. I dont skimp on the life saving stuff.
Good call on the brakes. I wasnt thinking about that.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
soonerkid said:
I don't wheel and I just need the rig to stay together for a while. I would only use the little parts if I happen to break/loose a screw or clip or something. Manual locks will only come if I get the truck running better.
Thanks for the spindle info.
IM just thinkin the price you pay for getting those POS's together you could have bought a set of warns

1 - 6 of 6 Posts