Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been driving my buddies 72 blazer for the last couple weeks off and on because he is out of town for a month and he doesnt want it to sit for too long. I have to say the I LOVE the open air feel of having no top whatsoever. It doesnt seem like the little bit of roof above the cab on the bronco would be that much different than having no roof at all, but it is...alot different. Soooo, I have been contemplating it for a while and now think its time...the sawzall is coming out. :D

more to come.

ps- Before anyone says anything...yes I plan on adding a front part to the cage.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
shit i'm jeoulus(sp), i have always wanted to drive a blazer with the full removable top, i'm thinking of buying one

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Do you plan on adding a front part to your cage?

:goodfinge

So....how are you going to cover it up now? I guess you never have the top on anymore? You should get a sweet custom soft top made up for it. That would be badass.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fordgirl said:
James you and that damn sawzall. Definitely need to see some pics.

Ya know we miss you here back at home.
Sherri! ..i didnt know you were a member of this site. Coolness...I miss the ol ORW group too, but I cant say i miss VB too much...I am lovin cali. Yeah..you know me and cutting stuff. Remember how nice the bronco used to look...haha, o well. You should see what i did to the fenders. Its a flatfender now. Ill get some pics of that up too. Woohoo, I cant wait to get cuttin!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marauder said:
So....how are you going to cover it up now? I guess you never have the top on anymore? You should get a sweet custom soft top made up for it. That would be badass.
Well I dont cover it up at all right now...Ill probably buy a tarp for it or something just to keep the front seats dry. MAYBE ill do a soft top in the future, who knows. Its not my DD so if its raining...i just wont drive :toothless

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I cage mine I am going to use the headliner trim as a template and start cutting the roof for the same effect.

edit: This bnkrtstk I forgot my wife was logged in.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crawler said:
So you actually are gonna do this sweet!

The car show starts in May. And I still have your grille shell
Yep..going to do it. Actually, I could use some help in the welding dept after the roof comes off. Drop me a PM and let me know what your schedule is like these days...and I completely forgot about that grill shell, Ill get on that too.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are a couple pictures of the current condition of the truck. I got the doors from the f-150 cleaned up and bolted on. Its nice having doors that dont have a 1" gap around them and feel like they are made of tin, frikin aftermarket sheetmetal.

These also show the flatfender work. For those that dont know the plan is to eventually run tubing along the fender to sliders and a stinger. This is a rough MS paint of the plans:

1 - 20 of 171 Posts