Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, To start off with I spent 2 hours with the search engine and manually looking through the forums for an answer to my specific problem.

I just recently bought my 91 Bronco 351w/E4OD/Electric T-Case. I consider myself lucky that the 4x4 engaged right off the bat even though it had set-up for two years. On the other hand, my 4-lo will not engage, and knocking on the motor did nuthing for it. This brings question number...

#1: Does the motor on the T-case operate both the 4wd mechanism and the 4-lo to 4-hi mechanism, or are they separate?

This baby has 190K miles on it so im happy that the thing even moves! When I purchased it, the previous owner gave all the reciepts for eveything that he had done to it. The last thing that was done was the block was swpped out with a crate 351:rockon so I dont have to worry too much about the bottom end going out anytime soon (never the less, that rear main will go out before anything else though) . But that is not wat this thread is for.

Back to the dead 4-lo, I am also thinking that the button may have gone out. When I push it I get NOTHING. No relay clicks, no lights dimming on the dash and no signal light for the 4-lo comes on. This brings me to question...

#2: Where can I find replacement Switches for the dash? Aftermarket or stock, it doesn't matter to me as long as it works.

I'm almost positive that there is a thread SOMEWHERE in the vastness of this forum but I am tired of looking and getting :banghead :banghead with trying to figure out whats wrong with it.

I have Chilton's manual for my Bronco and it doesn't really explain much about it.

Any posts for help are MUCH appreciated, and you'll be saving what little sanity I may have left by the time I read them :wacko [lol]

Later all

Kyle

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will check out the link later when i wake up, but what do you mean by jamming it into 4-lo? Can you give an explanation as to how to do this on a Electric Transfer case, or point me to a Tut that explains it.

Thanks

Kyle

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,147 Posts
Are you making sure your rig is in neutral before engaging the 4 low?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
jermil01 said:
Are you making sure your rig is in neutral before engaging the 4 low?
:stupid

Tranny has to be in neutral.

Not Park, not drive, not reverse, only neutral.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Affirmative!

Nuetral was the first and only position I tried it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.