Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am building a swing out tire carrier/bumper and while the stock bumper was off I decided to do a little cleaning up back there before the new bumper goes on. While I was re-wraping the wiring I noticed that there was an un-used oem plug back there, it is a 3 prong connection and it is the yellow connector, does anyone know what the yellow connector is for. At first I thought it might be for trailer lights, but after about 5 seconds i realized it didnt have enough pins for that. Thanks for any help.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the same thing on my truck. I just replaced the tail light harness,and rear window wiring,and the yellow plug is unused. My test light alos just craped out and I dont know if there is power on any of the wires.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thats great. I can just hook up my elictric brakes to that instead of hacking my harness. Very cool for a 31 year old truck.:rockon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bump

Bueller... Bueller... Did anyone find out why there's three wires?

Anyone know of a trailer signal setup that doesn't require hacking up my trucks wiring harness? The results Google provided didn't impress me.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
the yellow plug is part of the trailer package it is for the lights marker left right brake lights

if you get trailer package it has another harness that goes down the frame and plugs into that yellow plug and also gives you battery feed and brake controller wire
as well plus puts the marker lights on a relay to take the stress of the oem harness

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK; I've got it all figured out.

First, the frame is the ground. There are three positions on the connector; one male two female. The one male is for tail lights. The female closest to the male, also the center position, is the passenger side turn signal and brake light. The female furthest from the male, is the driver side turn signal and brake light. I might have the two turn/brake signals mixed up so test it before you commit.

I was going to use one of these...

3 pole flat connector

to keep it protected; unless someone knows where I can get a ford compatible three pole connector.

Whaddya' think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts